Which MK fast passes to get for 6 and 3 year olds on first trip?

Tydog

Earning My Ears
We are going for our first trip with a 3 year old son and 6.5 year old daughter on Feb 19-21. We are staying offsite, so will be able to try to get fast passes 30 days out. We plan to spend three days at Magic Kingdom and not push it too much, if that's possible. Our son will likely nap in stroller for an hour or so in the afternoon, and isn't tall enough to ride many of the rides (he's 33", so maybe I'm wrong on that?). Our daughter LOVES rides, so her father will ride most rides with her and I'll do other stuff with our 3 year old son. We would be most grateful to hear which rides to get fast passes for and what to do with a 3 year (and 6.5 year old!) old in Magic Kingdom. Thanks!!!

We have grandkids in your same age range with their first trip to WDW coming up in May. You might show the kids some YouTube videos of the various rides and see what their interests are. Do the kids like characters and princesses? If so, you might get FP for some meet and greets. We decided to splurge on Early Morning Magic so that one morning we can ride unlimited 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan. I have not idea if they will like 7DMT or not but I think they will like the other two. There is a great thread with lots of info on EMM here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...syland-early-morning-magic-faqs-more.3651152/

Besides that, it helped me to divide up MK by lands. We also won't spend full park days there but we will have 4 days for MK. So on the EMM day, we will just stick to Fantasyland except for a quick side trip to Tomorrowland for a FP on Buzz Lightyear since we have a little super-fan. On another day we will focus on Adventureland and Frontierland and on another day Liberty Square and Tomorrowland and favorites on day 4 (though I will still make FP to guess in advance what they will like).

We plan to FP Enchanted Tales with Belle and Talking Mickey as our only character meets since we are doing a couple character breakfasts.

According to Touring Plans, MK attractions that often need FP are: Peter Pan, 7 Dwarfs Train, Big Thunder Mtn RR, Spalsh Mtn, Enchanted Tales w/Belle, Pirates, Jungle, Space Mtn, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear. Some of these our kids would like and others not so sure (like Haunted Mansion) but that's where some YouTube previews could help in our decisions.

At 30 days out, you probably won't see 7 Dwarfs FP but you may very well get a FP day of. I have an AP so I can look at 30 days out now and for MK on Feb. 9 the only rides not available for FP are 7DMT and Enchanted Tales with Belle. But those will reload for Feb. 10 within the hour so I would expect Belle to pop back up as available for the new day, but probably not 7DMT.

My GS loved the people mover, and the train ride around the park, and you dont need fastpasses for them!

At 5 my daughter loved It's A Small World (still her favorite MK ride), Winnie The Pooh, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion ( I was surprised ) and The People Mover.

Also look into rider switch for some of the rides with height restrictions - your daughter could ride some rides twice that way and for you to switch off with DH and try some with her too. (do a search here on "rider switch")

In addition to the rides listed here, I'd recommend Pirates of the Caribbean and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin for the whole family.

Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, Tomorrowland Speedway and Barnstormer were huge FP hits for us. My boys (5 & 2.5) would want to ride Barnstormer multiple times in a row and for some reason it would go from a 10 min wait to a 30 min wait around 11 am. There is a play area tucked under Splash Mountain which was a lot of fun for our younger one while his big brother went on the ride. If you can't RD I would FP Peter Pan.

Peter Pan, SDMT, Winnie the Pooh. Pretty easy to get Buzz, Dumbo, IASW, etc, as later fastpasses while you are there.

I just went to Disney World with my three year old and six year old November! They both loved Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Barnstormer, Buzz Lightyear, Peter Pan which are what we used our fast passes on. Obviously your younger one may not be able to rider Mine Train, but you can take advantage of the parent swap, and your older child can ride it twice using one fastpass! Because you're spending multiple days at MK, and the kids are younger you can definitely spare some fast passes on Character Greets if interested. Some of the lines can get pretty long, and my kids wouldn't want to stay in line too long. We split up MK in two days and spent the first day in half the park and the other on the other side. So we'd stay in the same lands all day and visit the other lands the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter