Which Mini Golf course?

KJMAX1

DIS Veteran
Which Disney mini golf is the most fun for bigger kids and little kids? Pictures would be awesome!

I have a 12 and a 13 year old and we have played both courses. We liked Fantasia Mini golf better because it actually has 2 courses that you can choose from.
We played both of them and found that the playful course was more fun for all of us. :) The one that is geared more for difficulty was very nice, but really was a challenge. Rumor had it that Tiger would go play a round or two at that course to get some good practice for tournaments. I am not sure how true that is though, but it is very interesting. :)

So if you are looking for playful for the younger group and challenging for the older ones, the Fantasia course is right alongside each other and everyone would be happy.
Have a great time!

I would say Fantasia too, but WinterSummerland has 2 different courses as well (winter and summer)......but it is more kitchy, if you will.....

My family loves mini golf at Disney :) We have played all those courses. I like Fantasia for the challenge of it. But for myself, nothing beats Winter Summerland. I just love well it is themed. Its got that Disney feeling to it, but they are all great. Sorry I don't have any pics!

Is the Winterland the Christmas theme? I believe we played the Fantasia one about 13 yrs ago with some McDonald's toy execs for Disney. Thanks for the info!

Is the Winterland the Christmas theme? I believe we played the Fantasia one about 13 yrs ago with some McDonald's toy execs for Disney. Thanks for the info!

Yes. There are two courses. One is a regular Christmas theme, that's Winter. Summerland course is the one where Santa is vacationing at the beach or something like that. It has a "beachy Christmas" theme. I like it best at night when its a lit up :)

So to hijack and go deeper, which is your favorite of the Winter Summerland courses?

The winterland/summerland courses actually have mirrored holes- they have the same holes with different themed items at each one- whereas the 2 courses at Fantasia are actually different (and 1 of them is not recommended for young children due to the harder nature of it.

So at winterland/summerland the better course is just based on beachy or traditional Christmas- whichever you prefer.

We play mini golf every trip. When the boys were in elementary school, the Winter Summerland course was a favorite - cute courses with added bonus of singing Christmas songs in August.

As the boys got older, the Fantasia Fairways course with their own putters has been the only option for us. We have played the Fantasia Gardens course which is similar to the kitchy Winter Summerland courses.

If you are staying at one of the EPCOT area resorts, walking to the either of the Fantasia courses is a nice option.

The idea that one of the Fantasia Gardens courses is a little more challenging is a gross understatement. It is MUCH harder. I have played real golf forever and my family used to do a week long mini golf tournament during beach vacation growing up (wow, that sounds worse written out). But the Fantasia course that is designed to look like a real course (no rails, real sand traps) is terribly frustrating and difficult. It would torture my hyper-competitive DS, so we wisely avoid it.

What's the easiest way to get to the Fantasia courses? We are staying at csr.

Walk from Boardwalk or Swan/Dolphin. So take a bus to a park (Epcot or Hollywood studios is best) then get a bus to Boardwalk or Swan/Dolphin. Alternatively you could get a bus to Hollywood Studios then walk or take the boat to Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin area. One other option is to walk through Epcot and out the International Gateway entrance and then walk through Boardwalk, but you would need Epcot admission to do this.

What's the easiest way to get to the Fantasia courses? We are staying at csr.

Take the bus to DHS and either walk to the Swan/Dolphin or take the boat (it will be the first stop). Fantasia is right across the street from the Swan/Dolphin resort. It's also walkable (or, again take the boat) from EP, but I would only do that if you are tagging the mini-golf on to an EP day as it's quite a long walk from the front entrance of EP to the back. You could also take a cab if you want to get there more quickly. If you go and feel like having ice cream afterward (I know I always do!), the Fountain in the Dolphin is super cute. You could also combine Fantasia mini-golf with going to the evening entertainment at the Boardwalk - that's really fun as well!

Disney's Fantasia Gardens, across the street from the Swan/Dolphin– two courses

Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course – incredibly well themed and a good all-around mini gold course, not as easy as Winter Summerland. Good for almost everyone

Fantasia Fairways –“ traditional golf course built on a miniature scale, this course emphasizes skill over chance” Not themed well but very challenging. Very long holes that resemble an actual gold course.

fairways.JPG

Disney's Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course – next to Blizzard Beach – two courses

Both Winter and Summer Courses are easy. Very well themed. Great for younger kids who may have trouble when close to the hole. Some holes will guide the ball into the cup if close. My wife got three holes-in-one on the Summer Course. Yeah- I only got one.

golfkelli.JPG

On average, how long do you think it would take 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 8 and 11) to do a round of golf - either Winter / Summerland?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter