Which Memory Card?

sleepyone

DIS Veteran
I just bought the Canon S80 online and am waiting to receive it. It only comes with a 32 MB card.:rotfl2: It uses the SD type cards and can support up to a 2 GB card. I was thinking of buying a couple of 1 GB cards (okay, so maybe I was thinking of buying 3 :teeth:). I'll be at WDW for a week and last year, I took 30 rolls of film. I don't plan on bringing a laptop or other storage.

I may consider having my pictures burned onto a CD at WDW. Where would I do this and what is the cost?

The Canon S80 isn an 8 MP camera and does shoot video. One of the factors in chosing this camera was that it is faster than my current digital. I don't want a memory card that will hinder the speed.

Okay, if any of this makes sense, could you please advise a good SD card?

TIA!!!

I'd recomend the SanDisk Ultra II unless you will be doing alot of video then I would get the SanDisk Exreme III. Kingston Pro are also good cards which are priced very reasonably but are just a hair slower than the Sandisk. Lexar Pro cards are also excellent but seem to be a bit more expensive.

And I believe they will burn a disk for you at the photo stores that are near the entrance of the different parks.

Thanks for the recommendations and the link! It seems that the Kingston is faster and cheaper than the one I was looking at. I was looking at one from Ritzcamera.com for $129, "Ritz Big Print Digital Film SD card by Lexar. 1 GB 40X".

I wonder why the Kingston is cheaper?

sleepyone said:
Thanks for the recommendations and the link! It seems that the Kingston is faster and cheaper than the one I was looking at. I was looking at one from Ritzcamera.com for $129, "Ritz Big Print Digital Film SD card by Lexar. 1 GB 40X".

I wonder why the Kingston is cheaper?
You are paying for the Ritz name. Buy.com and B&H photo (bhphotovideo.com) sell this card for $87 and are both reputable companys with fair prices.

ndelaware said:
You are paying for the Ritz name. Buy.com and B&H photo (bhphotovideo.com) sell this card for $87 and are both reputable companys with fair prices.
Thanks again! I can't wait to get my camera and the cards to go with it! I'm looking forward to using it at WDW. It will be great to delete the bad shots instead of having them developed before I know how they turn out.

I got Sandisk Extreme III SD Secure Digital 1GB Card Memory Card (133X) from Adorama for $109.89 - $20 rebate = $89.89.

Thank you for the link, Garris3404. Do you think the Sandisk Extreme III will fit/work in my camera?

I still prefer to buy 512 Mb card just to make it easier to copy to a CD (650 Mb with 600 Mb considered to be as the "safe burning area").

sleepyone said:
Thank you for the link, Garris3404. Do you think the Sandisk Extreme III will fit/work in my camera?
If your camera accepts SD cards up to 2 GB, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter