Which land do you like better?

SeeDisney

<font color=red>I drove by my WAWA <br><font color
Pandora or Star Wars?

Which land do you better at night or day?

Star Wars. No contest for me. I'm pretty lukewarm about Avatar as a movie and while the theming of the land is good, I'm just not nearly as blown away by it as everyone else seems to be. I also feel like the "bioluminescent" effect of Pandora at night is not going to hold up well over time. Now Galaxy's Edge...I feel like I have stepped right into a Star Wars story. I am Star Wars fan, so the theme is appealing to me to begin with. And they just got every detail right, right down to the ambient noise. While it's not a location we have seen before in a Star Wars film, I feel like I have been dropped right into the Star Wars universe when I enter the land. Pandora just doesn't do the same for me.

Star Wars (x2)

I have no interest in the Pandora section. I’d avoid it if it wasn’t for DS.

Star Wars. No contest for me. I'm pretty lukewarm about Avatar as a movie and while the theming of the land is good, I'm just not nearly as blown away by it as everyone else seems to be. I also feel like the "bioluminescent" effect of Pandora at night is not going to hold up well over time. Now Galaxy's Edge...I feel like I have stepped right into a Star Wars story. I am Star Wars fan, so the theme is appealing to me to begin with. And they just got every detail right, right down to the ambient noise. While it's not a location we have seen before in a Star Wars film, I feel like I have been dropped right into the Star Wars universe when I enter the land. Pandora just doesn't do the same for me.
On the bio-luminescent stuff, too, when it gets dark at 8:30pm or later, and the park doesn't have late hours, it makes it hard to appreciate very often.

Notice my avatar? Plus I have turned an 11 year old girl into a Star Wars freak and I have lightsaber duels with the 3 year old grandson. The downside to this for next years trip I have to budget for 2 droids and 3 lightsabers,

I'm more partial to SW but just because there seems to be more going on there. I'm so so about both movies so that doesn't sway me either way and so so about the rides in both lands. To be fair, the one time we rode ROTR all the pre-show stuff was not working so it lost some of it's magic. Neither thrills me at night, both seem kind of dark to me and I'm completely night blind so they are hard to navigate.

Tough one. Each land contains one, of what I think are the 2 best rides at WDW. I think Pandora at night edges out GE for visuals. During the day I give the nod to Star Wars as they really paid attention to detail. Like most I'm a Starwars buff so really neat to see it up close.

Avatar for me. Prob because I’m bitter that SW was not based upon the original movies. New movies stink IMO (except Rogue one which was excellent)

In terms of atmosphere/appearance, I much prefer Pandora. I really wish they had incorporated some vegetation into Galaxy's Edge--there's a reason luke spent his life dreaming of leaving Tatooine to join the resistance, and it's not all noble ideals. The whole "desert outpost" vibe is so blah, and it's weird that of all the gorgeous planets in the Star Wars movies, THAT's the look they went with.

I also prefer the Pandora quick service. Much more innovative, and no, I don't think calling fried chicken and mashed potatoes "tip yip" makes it interesting. Ronto roasters is more ambitious, but with basically one menu item it's much too limited.

BUT with all that if you asked me to choose one land and drop the other, I'd pick Star Wars over Pandora. The roaming characters in Galaxy's Edge add a lot, I like what they did with the shops where there are lots of little marketplace stalls ("pet" shop, clothing etc.) rather than a big single gift shop, there are lots of hidden details to enjoy once you get over the overall bland first impression, and while each one has a steller e-ticket attraction, the second "family ride" in Galaxy's Edge wins out over Pandora.

I'm a Star Wars fan. Even worked on one of the movies.
I dislike Avatar. Saw it twice and think it's a silly story with embarrassing stereotypes.

Pandora is terrific. It feels like I walked into the movie.
Galaxy's Edge is in the SW neighborhood but it's nothing familiar. With one exception, of course. It actually makes me sad walking through there because I can only see the missed opportunity.

Pandora......beautiful!! (don't even remember the movie), but the land is wonderful!

Not a Star Wars fan. Have walked it on both coasts and ridden the rides and I am done with it

Pandora is the winner for me. Very immersive, felt like I was in the movie. Especially at night.

Galaxy's Edge I feel misses the mark. It is not transporting you to a land you have seen before, there is no emotional attachment to it. And the lack of music throughout the land is disappointing.

Star Wars 100% I am sure a lot of this is because I am a huge Star Wars fan, but I also feel like the land is a bit more immersive. Pandora is still great, but I feel like it's missing some of those little details that Galaxy's Edge has.

I really like both lands. Pandora was such a wonderful surprise because I'm not really the biggest fan of the film and it seems (to me) a little out of place at Animal Kingdom. FoP is wonderful, the quick service restaurant (Saultu'li Canteen) is really good and the land's signature snack (Night Blossom) is awesome. I also love the land at night.

However, for me personally I just feel that Galaxy's Edge is on another level. I haven't been on Rise yet, but Smuggler's Run is so far ahead of Nav'i River Journey as the second attraction and I think the shops are better. I also really like the food and the fun drinks like Blue Milk. To me the land is just more substantial, albeit it can be a pretty expensive experience if you want to do everything at once.

Galaxy's Edge. I prefer the atmosphere of cities to forests, for one. Galaxy's Edge just has so much life and sounds, and it feels like you've been transported. There's so much to see there. And the CMs really brought it to life. I can't wait to go on ROTR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter