• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Is The Better Alaska Itinerary?

pgsle

Earning My Ears
Hi!

Would like to do a 7 Night Alaska Cruise next year, just have no clue as to which would be the better itinerary (or the same?). One includes Skagway, the other Icy Straight Point instead. Opinions? Thanks!

Hi!

Would like to do a 7 Night Alaska Cruise next year, just have no clue as to which would be the better itinerary (or the same?). One includes Skagway, the other Icy Straight Point instead. Opinions? Thanks!
You'd have to see what's available to see/do in both ports. Figure out which interests you more.

Either one would be fine. Sadly, DCL doesn't "do" Glacier Bay and that's a big draw for other cruise lines.

You'd have to see what's available to see/do in both ports. Figure out which interests you more.

Either one would be fine. Sadly, DCL doesn't "do" Glacier Bay and that's a big draw for other cruise lines.

I thought I read somewhere that the "contract" (not sure if this is the correct terminology) for cruising Glacier Bay will be up for bidding in a couple of years. I wonder if DCL would try to make a run for it.

LAX

I thought I read somewhere that the "contract" (not sure if this is the correct terminology) for cruising Glacier Bay will be up for bidding in a couple of years. I wonder if DCL would try to make a run for it.

LAX

I hope they do, but they've tried before and competition is pretty stiff.

While I'm not really a fan of Skagway (the whole gold rush thing bores me to tears), another vote to avoid Icy Strait Point at all costs. While the other towns did make some changes for tourists, ISP was 100% created for ships and it shows.

I've been to Alaska three times with DCL, and hands down icey straight.i loved the fact that it was not filled with the big jewelry stores. Instead there is hand made crafts, warm residents and smiling children. We loved it! We did the whale watching tour and zipline which were awesome....I wont go back to Alaska unless I'm going to icey straight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter