• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which is sunnier side from Hawaii to Vancouver, port or starboard?

Canadian Girl

DIS Veteran
I know the answer for the transatlantic crossings, but a bit discombobulated for the Pacific ones. We plan to book a verandah and use it a lot to just hang out as there are 5 sea days.

I would assume starboard as that would be the more southerly side especially in March? But since you're heading NE for the cruise... it'd get the morning sun and maybe port would get some afternoon sun? It partly depends upon the route the ship takes...will it head towards the mainland first and then go north or go directly towards Vancouver?

I know the answer for the transatlantic crossings, but a bit discombobulated for the Pacific ones. We plan to book a verandah and use it a lot to just hang out as there are 5 sea days.
It’s going to be really cold on the verandah. We did that cruise in September an it was cold the first three days.

Roughly half the day on the port side, and the other half starboard.

I'd choose the side based on land sightings, however. Particularly, for the Na Pali coast in Kauai.

For anyone on this year's Hawaii sailings, did the Wonder go around Kauai? Or did it simply sail in and out of Nawiliwili?

Roughly half the day on the port side, and the other half starboard.

I'd choose the side based on land sightings, however. Particularly, for the Na Pali coast in Kauai.

For anyone on this year's Hawaii sailings, did the Wonder go around Kauai? Or did it simply sail in and out of Nawiliwili?
Just in and out of Nawiliwili - no where near the Na Pali coast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter