Which is better to use HP Parking or Bus

Lou

Earning My Ears
My mother has fibromyalgia very bad and we have rented her a ECV for our stay. My question, Is is better to use Disney Transportation or can she get closer to some of the park entrances with her Handicap Parking Pass?

MK use the bus. AK the distance is about equal. EPCOT and MGM medical parking is closer. Either is fine in the long run.

You will always be closer to the entrances if you use Disney transportation. If you drive to MK you have to take the monorail to get to the park if you take the bus you don't.

I agree with MK, taking the bus is much better.
At Epcot, the buses are a little farther. If you are on the monorail, that's closer. We've sometimes had problems with the Medical Parking at Epcot being full when we got there.
At MGM, the medical parking is right behind where the buses drop you off, so the bus is a tiny bit closer. At AK, the distance is about the same.
The other thing to think about is the wear and tear on you with taking the ecv in and out of your vehicle.If you have a lift or ramp van, the wider wheelchair accessible parking spots to accomidate it are almost impossible to get.

I have done the parks both ways, all car and all bus. The bus was a definite plus for MK. I would not drive to MK again. The other parks are about equal in distance. However, I agree with those who say sometimes the H/P spots close by are taken and the lifting of the ECV can get tiring(Although it is easy to disassemble). Another plus is having a cool bus to ride back to the resort and not a hot car! JMHO.
Have a great trip.

We always drive to WDW but once we get there -- I park our van and let Disney do the driving!

It gives me a break and the accessibility is good.
Sometimes you might just miss a bus and have to wait however that is less stressful than the times I have decided to drive somewhere.

I have a hard time around WDW and always seem to get lost or head the wrong way. I find the signs don't give enough warning and suddenly I missed my turn! This is during the daytime too! I can't imagine driving home after the evening shows, tired, and with traffic! I definetly vote for riding the buses!

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter