• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which hotel to book?

Essa

Earning My Ears
hi
We r going from 2nd june until 6th june 2016? Me, hubby and our son who will be turning 2 when we r there.

Which hotel do you recommend?
We are thinking of:
newyork, newport or sequoia?

I'd love to stay at disneyland hotel but i think it will be out of our budget, will need to convince hubby ;)

We had stayed once at newport and another time at cheyenne before, quite some time ago during 15th anniversary.

Thanks

We stayed in hotel new york last month and I really liked it. Our room overlooked Lake Disney and it was clean, comfortable beds and the staff were lovely. I enjoyed the breakfast and dinner in park side diner too.

Newport has just been totally refurbished and looks fantastic but it's huge and you don't want to be in one of the far wings as it's ages to walk to reception and back if your key stops working or something daft lol

New York is long over due a refurb and should have been starting one in a Jan but it has been pushed back until they have done the Cheyenne

It's a more business type hotel and looks cold to me at least - doesn't do anything for me

Sequoia is lovely especially if you are in main building as lots of people find the lodges dark.

i have to say i love the HNY - we stayed there last December, and I'm a Santa Fe girl at heart, but the HNY is very chic, it didn't seem businesslike at all to me when we were there (the hotel was at capacity even though the parks weren't rammed). And my girls (teenagers) were blown away that we were staying at the HNY, they loved being there.

I stayed at the Newport Bay before its refurb, and yes, we were about as far out in the wings as you could get, took flippin ages to walk from the main entrance to our room, I'd rather have walked to the Cheyenne or Santa Fe, at least that would have been out in the fresh air, rather than endless internal corridors.

Haven't stayed at the Sequoia Lodge yet, but its on the list, and I think if the price was right that would be my favourite to go for out of the 3.

I'd go for New York or Sequoia. The New York has never really appealed to me but everyone who stays there gets won over (so for that reason alone I think it'll be where we stay next time we go!) and last year my DD stayed at the Sequoia and loved it.

We stayed at Newport Bay a few years ago in summer, we'd always wanted to stay there and thought it was a lovely hotel even before its refurbishment, but it's quite a trek from the park with a small child, and even worse if you end up in one of the wings. We were lucky where our room was situated but as we were there in a heatwave and wanted to go to the pool every day, it seemed to take forever walking down endless corridors to get there!

Elaine we were another corridor further away, past the swimming pool, at the Newport Bay Club!

I stayed at the HNY last month and loved it, our room overlooked the front entrance & car park but we had a castle view and watched the fireworks when we didn't stay for dreams from our window. Loved the cooked breakfast and chose to hit EMH first and then have a leisurely brunch around 10.30 which kept us going until around 5pm. Our rooms didn't seem shabby at all and we had turn down service with choc coins on our pillows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter