Which Hilton property...

DisneyTigers

Mouseketeer
We are loyal Hilton customers due to DH's work travel, so it's gotta be one of these properties:

Hilton Convention Center
Double Tree Suites on Harbour
Homewood Suites/Convention Center

It's super-important to us that we be able to walk to the parks, just bc we want to. I know the Hilton is the closest, but it's also the most expensive. Homewood has the manager's reception and more pools, but Doubletree will save us about 100 bucks overall. Which one should we choose???

I have only stayed at Hilton Convention Center. We like it and we are planning on staying there next year. It is not as close but it has the amenities we want. We either take the ART shuttle or Toy Story Shuttle. We like the pool there too. They have a Starbucks which works for us because our breakfast consist of just coffee. They also have a few small fast food restaurants and some stores with Disney Merch.

I have only stayed at Hilton Convention Center. We like it and we are planning on staying there next year. It is not as close but it has the amenities we want. We either take the ART shuttle or Toy Story Shuttle. We like the pool there too. They have a Starbucks which works for us because our breakfast consist of just coffee. They also have a few small fast food restaurants and some stores with Disney Merch.

How far is it to walk to the parks instead of taking the shuttle?

We've stayed at the Hilton Convention Center twice and love it! It takes about 15 minutes to walk to Disney

We have stayed there when DD was 5 and 8 and it took us about 15 min. If it is just adults and you are in a hurry i'm sure you could get there faster.
I think it is only about block or two, but not regular blocks Disney blocks seem to be extra long.

It's about a mile. Doable but not ideal if you're tired out from the day. We found the walk to take about the same about of time as taking the Toy Story shuttle, since the shuttle involves loading and unloading, but the actual ride was faster than the walk. We took the shuttle most days, but walked once or twice when we needed to stop at the CVS on the way.

I thought the hotel was nice and the room was huge, but we got a discounted rate and I don't think I would pay full price for it. I haven't stayed at the other hotels you mentioned.

It's about a mile. Doable but not ideal if you're tired out from the day. We found the walk to take about the same about of time as taking the Toy Story shuttle, since the shuttle involves loading and unloading, but the actual ride was faster than the walk. We took the shuttle most days, but walked once or twice when we needed to stop at the CVS on the way.

I thought the hotel was nice and the room was huge, but we got a discounted rate and I don't think I would pay full price for it. I haven't stayed at the other hotels you mentioned.

Which hotel are you referring to?

Hilton Convention Center....closest of those listed....about 1 mile from the parks.

The Doubletree is the farthest of the three. We stayed there recently. It is a long walk. We walk a lot though in our regular lives so walked to the parks and back each day. We didn't take an afternoon break at the hotel because of the distance. I found that we walked as much per day staying at the Doubletree as we walk when staying at the Hojo and taking an afternoon break at the hotel. The Homewood Suites is only slightly closer. Both the Homewood and the Doubletree are close enough to the Toy Story parking lot to consider the shuttles there as an option, but it's not something we tried. I am also unsure how much walking it will save since I don't know how deep into the parking lot you have to go to get to the pick up/drop off area. If you are committed to staying at a Hilton, then the Hilton Convention Center is the closest walking distance. We were unwilling to have one shared room for the four of us though, and the cost savings were most significant when choosing a suite at the Doubletree. The Doubletree was nice, but the distance is tough. Once the Hojo finishes it's building renovations, I'm sure we will return there.

I stayed at the Hilton convention center the week of Thanksgiving. It was great. We walked back and forth to the parks several times. BUT, towards the end of our trip we took Lyft back and forth because our legs were tired, and we felt the 15-20 minutes it saved was worth it. Lyft was only about $5 each way.

I would definitely stay there again. The walk to Disney is so easy from there. I thought it was pretty pleasant too; Lots of the properties you pass by along the way had lights up, but I'm not sure if that was just for Christmas?

I'd go with Homewood for the breakfast. It's also next to the Toy Story lot, so if you found you didn't feel like walking, you could take the Disney bus for free.

I have stayed at all three of these. My first choice is the Homewood Suites. The rooms are huge, they offer free breakfast 7 days a week, and an evening reception (light meal with free wine and beer) Mon-Thurs. When we stayed there during the summer, they played Disney movies out by the pool in the evenings. Also, the entrance to the Toy Story lot is right next to the entrance to the hotel. We used the shuttles to get in and out of the parks.

The Hilton Convention Center usually has better priced rooms than the Homewood, but the rooms are smaller and there is no breakfast included. This hotel is much closer and an easier walk to and from the parks than Homewood and Doubletree.

It’s been a couple of years since we have stayed there because the Hilton Convention Center and Homewood Suites (if we aren’t staying onsite) have to be sold out for us to book it. We didn’t have the best customer service experience while we were there and that is pretty much all I remember about that hotel...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter