• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which GF and BWI rooms would you request?

WishUponAStar3

Believer In Big Dreams!
I'm less than a week away from my trip to the World, so I want to call to make some room requests for our split-stay between Grand Floridian and BoardWalk Inn--but these are both first-time resorts for me, so I'm not sure what to request! For those of you who have stayed at both, what requests would you make for Resort View rooms? Are there specific buildings/sections that are preferable over others? We would love a full balcony at both, and also a quiet room without too much construction or lagoon noise, but otherwise flexible.

TIA!

I'm less than a week away from my trip to the World, so I want to call to make some room requests for our split-stay between Grand Floridian and BoardWalk Inn--but these are both first-time resorts for me, so I'm not sure what to request! For those of you who have stayed at both, what requests would you make for Resort View rooms? Are there specific buildings/sections that are preferable over others? We would love a full balcony at both, and also a quiet room without too much construction or lagoon noise, but otherwise flexible.

TIA!
What a terrific split stay you have! Not sure which room categories that you have booked ...I am not even sure with the new categories what is what...lol..at the Boardwalk there is a very lovely and quiet back courtyard..this is not the Village Green that faces the boardwalk itself and Crescent Lake..the main floor closest to everything including the lobby...Belleview Lounge and the Carousel Coffee shop...is the 2nd floor..so if thats a consideration I'd suggest requesting 2nd floor garden view...most rooms at the BW have nice sized balconies ...even an upper floor with a garden view is quiet and the view is lovely..maybe add quiet garden view in your requests..
At Grand Floridian due to the on going outdoor construction on the main building..I'd suggest requesting the Sugar Loaf building..it's a nice small building..very centrally located..steps from the courtyard pool...not far from the boat dock or the main building...best thing at the moment is it does not face the main building and construction..I would suggest requesting Sugar Loaf and courtyard view..the other side of the building is a marina view..but there might be a slight construction view if your room is at the end of the building closest to the main building due to the way it's angled...also all rooms have full balconies...the Grand Floridian thread is very comprehensive and the first page has lots of current information and a resort map as well...
Hope that helps some...and have a wonderful trip!

What a terrific split stay you have! Not sure which room categories that you have booked ...I am not even sure with the new categories what is what...lol..at the Boardwalk there is a very lovely and quiet back courtyard..this is not the Village Green that faces the boardwalk itself and Crescent Lake..the main floor closest to everything including the lobby...Belleview Lounge and the Carousel Coffee shop...is the 2nd floor..so if thats a consideration I'd suggest requesting 2nd floor garden view...most rooms at the BW have nice sized balconies ...even an upper floor with a garden view is quiet and the view is lovely..maybe add quiet garden view in your requests..
At Grand Floridian due to the on going outdoor construction on the main building..I'd suggest requesting the Sugar Loaf building..it's a nice small building..very centrally located..steps from the courtyard pool...not far from the boat dock or the main building...best thing at the moment is it does not face the main building and construction..I would suggest requesting Sugar Loaf and courtyard view..the other side of the building is a marina view..but there might be a slight construction view if your room is at the end of the building closest to the main building due to the way it's angled...also all rooms have full balconies...the Grand Floridian thread is very comprehensive and the first page has lots of current information and a resort map as well...
Hope that helps some...and have a wonderful trip!

This is so helpful, thank you so much!! I’m staying in a Resort View room at both- I’m guessing garden view at BWI and courtyard view at GF are in that category? The new names confuse me a bit, lol!

Keep in mind that if you are less than a week out, your room assignment may already have been made. Not sure how they handle close-in requests.

This is so helpful, thank you so much!! I’m staying in a Resort View room at both- I’m guessing garden view at BWI and courtyard view at GF are in that category? The new names confuse me a bit, lol!
You are very welcome! 😊 I think with resort view those request will work..
Keep in mind that if you are less than a week out, your room assignment may already have been made. Not sure how they handle close-in requests.
I'm not positive..but have been told at the resorts..and read on here as well..here is a more trusted source IMO...lol..that they start to assign rooms at 5 days prior to arrival...

You are very welcome! 😊 I think with resort view those request will work..

I'm not positive..but have been told at the resorts..and read on here as well..here is a more trusted source IMO...lol..that they start to assign rooms at 5 days prior to arrival...

I've heard that as well, but it's also usually possible to make requests and change your room at the front desk check-in- we did that last year at the Polynesian and got our request of Rarotonga building. 😍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter