• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which European cruise and why?

Which Eurpean cruise would you recommend?

• British Isles

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Mediterranean

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Northern Europe

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Western Europe

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Norwegian Fjords

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
Someone mentioned the DCL ship being a destination in it's own right. That's absolutely true, which made sailing slowly through the fjords of Norway even better. The ports on our Norwegian Fjords Cruise are also very convenient to the city centers in Stavenger, Alesuand, and Bergan. I think a Med cruise that includes "Rome" and "Florence" would be frustrating in that you are quite a distance to the good stuff. However, I think a repositioning from Barcelona to Dover, or a Greek Isles cruise would be fun!

That being said, I would not sail Norway on DCL with their current itineraries. They don't get up into the more northern and more picturesque fjords. If you're not getting up to Geiranger, it's not worth it, IMO.

Agreed, which is another reason that when DCL flip flopped the schedule, we weren't super broken up about choosing the Mediterranean cruise anyway.

It comes down to timing and unfortunately cost for us too. We didn’t feel like we got a great value for our Med cruise because we were on 10-12 hour tours in 4 of the cities and would collapse into bed at the end of the day. At Disney’s prices we want to see the ship as part of the destination but there wasn’t much time to just sit and enjoy it. We even skipped dinner and the show 2 nights.

The Baltic was a longer cruise for us and the pacing worked a lot better. However the Baltic was done in 2010 before the prices went way way up.

We want to do Norway but the timing doesn’t work out with our son’s mid-August back to school start. Really hoping they do an earlier one in the next release.

Northern Europe. There are some amazing sites there. My favorite port ever is St. Petersburg. There is so much history and culture there.

I've only sailed the Med so I chose that, it exceeded all my expectations. We are doing the British Isles in September and we'll see if I change my mind.

i guess i responded to this before i booked our cruise..
we're going on the western europe disney magic cruise from barcelona to dover..
it's not at all my first choice (not even my second), but the dates were the only ones that worked for us..
there will be 9 of us on the cruise (us, our children, their spouses and the grandchildren)..
it costs a not so small fortune, but it is the disney magic and we're really looking forward to it..
i'll let you know how it was once we get back.... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter