Which DVC villas use barn doors?

wdwjan

Earning My Ears
I *really* hate barn doors in hotel bathrooms. They can't be locked, often have gaps, and honestly who needs to know what's going on in there. And then there's the lack of privacy if one has kids or grandkids in the same room. Just no. Does anyone know which DVC villas use barn doors for bathrooms?

Thanks!
Jan

Do you differentiate between sliding barn door vs sliding pocket door?

I think the wheel-chair accessible studio unit with bathtub (not roll-in shower) at VGC uses a pocket door. (If I recall correctly ...)

VGF2 uses two of them, one to the bathroom, another to the toilet/shower. I don't remember how the closet opens, but it might use them also.

I may not remember correctly, but I seem to recall a BLT studio with a barn door. It was definitely not a pocket door because I remember a huge gap that only a barn door can leave.

BLT has them for the living room bathrooms in the 1 & 2 BR villas. I remember a lot of complaints and observed it myself when BLT was new that those doors left a large gap with resulting lack of privacy. I think I’ve read that they fixed it, though — in any case, I don’t recall recent complaints.

BLT definitely has them. RIV has them from the master bedroom into the bathtub part of the bathroom, and then a pocket door into the toilet.shower area. The other door from the hallway is a regular door.

DVC fixed the bathroom door in the studios at BLT years ago, not long after people complained. They do have locks and have blocked the gaps around the door too. Hopefully they fixed the ones in the 1 and 2 BRs.

Copper Creek Villas studios have a large barn door for the vanity area. There is a pocket door for privacy when using the toilet / shower.

OP, I'm with you on the sliding barn doors for bathrooms. The VGF2 studios have two of them, as RoseGold already mentioned, but they close snugly and provided more privacy than other (non-DVC) hotels I've stayed in that had them. In the pictures I saw online before our trip, it appeared that both bathroom doors had frosted glass panels but they're actually painted wooden panels.

I believe you will find at least one sliding door in almost every room of every resort. Some are pocket doors but most are the barn style. They aren't ideal but it's simply a space issue.

I *really* hate barn doors in hotel bathrooms. They can't be locked, often have gaps, and honestly who needs to know what's going on in there. And then there's the lack of privacy if one has kids or grandkids in the same room. Just no. Does anyone know which DVC villas use barn doors for bathrooms?

Thanks!
Jan

Polynesian uses them for both bathrooms. They do, however, have a lock. There is a little piece of metal that sticks out when you push on it, preventing the door from sliding open. It's not particularly obvious, but it's across the door from the side it opens on.

The sliding doors at BLT drove us nuts! They look like a regular door and more than once we tried to open one the wrong way. I bet they get a lot of broken doors.

Poly definitely does as my daughter (adult) got locked in the washroom as the door slipped off the track. Maintenance came within 5 minutes. Probably because I failed to tell them she was an adult.

BWV definitely doesn’t have them in a one bedroom. They have Clown doors (we call them) with doors seemingly coming from all over the place. You have to set up a system for during the night because two doors go into the washroom. Then inside is another door. And yet another door to an inner closet. It’s so laughable but we love BWV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter