Which DVC Resort would be magical for you stay at? I'm going in December.

Which DVC Resort would be magical for you stay at? I'm going in December.

• Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

• Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort

• Total voters

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
I'm trying to decide which WDW DVC Resort to replace part of my PCR December visit by renting points.

You don't have to be a wheelchair user to respond. I can't do as much as I used to do as a 70-year old like riding some attractions, but I can enjoy the magic.

I've added a poll, but if have something or anything to comment on about the magic of each resort, I would truly be excited to read what you have to say.

Thank you in advance.

It would be nice if you could explain why you would like to stay at these resorts

My home resort is BWV and I have reservations there for the end of my December split-stays.

I like the lake views along the boardwalk in the early hours and evenings. And the nightly entertainment at night (sadly not available this trip). I like the close proximity of the Beach, Yacht, Swan, and Dolphin Resorts and the EP/DHS parks. And the various transportation options with super-wide, smooth sidewalks (I use a wheelchair), and the Friendship boats, Skyliner gondolas, and buses with wheelchair ramps (on all WDW buses).

I've added 7-days at CCV studio reservation which I've never stayed at. I love the wilderness log resort design and another beautiful lake to enjoy like at BWV. And at least three places to dine. I love the water taxi rides to MK. But it will be a new experience for me using the different type of open-air water taxis. I still can't find out if it is wheelchair accessible like the others. It would be a bummer to have to use the bus for all trips. Plus the Christmas decorations usually make December stay wonderful.

So, I thought about AKL & AKJ, but with so few dining choices, especially at AKJ would be a bummer. I would either have to roll from AKJ to AKJ to dine. AKJ is my favorite with the larger lobby and Christmas tree. Bus and walking are my only choices. But still, The savanna views are a big plus.

I've never stayed at the BCV. Similar experiences to BWV.

I would love to stay at the PVV, but the main house construction, losing monorail, etc. might not seem as magical. I never thought it was very Christmasy like CCV or BWV or AKJ. I'm still thinking about it. I can't afford the Poly Bungalows for many nights to make a split-stay worth it. And I haven' seen any Poly Bungalows listed.

I liked OKW pre-wheelchair, but with no comfortable chair or sofa, I just haven't felt as comfortable even though it has a roll-in shower. Plus, I've been reading stories about bus transportation taking too long or glitchy. I'm used to waiting for buses two or three times for availability, but it becomes more complicated at OKW unless I have a room near the Hospitality House. I love the atmosphere though.

BLT was a great location but was a little smaller for a wheelchair in the studio. It has a great lake, monorail, bus, walk to MK, and places to dine. I would miss going to the roof even without fireworks.

Hey Ray - I chose Boulder Ridge for Dec - I prefer the quiet of BRV over CCV - but either way - love the decor and whole Christmas feel to the resort - also like the food options and boat to MK. It’s my favorite resort for December. I’m not in a wheel chair but I do use my ECV at Disney.

I think Copper Creek and Boardwalk will be a great December trip! I’m actually doing a CCV/BW/RIV split stay in December :-)

Wilderness Lodge of course has impressive Christmas decorations. I think in a normal year, Jambo is right up there with their Christmas tree, but of course this year nearly everything is closed there.

I like Boardwalk’s Christmas decorations because of the fireplace, it has a different feel than the lobbies with a big tree. Also, you can walk to BC/YC to see more Christmas decorations. And you can’t beat the proximity to Epcot and HS, especially with the socially distanced transportation this year.

Have a great trip!

Hey Ray - I chose Boulder Ridge for Dec - I prefer the quiet of BRV over CCV - but either way - love the decor and whole Christmas feel to the resort - also like the food options and boat to MK. It’s my favorite resort for December. I’m not in a wheel chair but I do use my ECV at Disney.

Hi, TCRAIG. Thank you. Don't you love the BRV lobby and quiet areas?

I haven't stayed there for a long time when I used to use a mobility scooter, too.

CCV will be a new experience for me.

I'm keeping an eye out for BRV studio.

I wish money was no object, then I would choose a 1-bedroom every time. Especially at OKW.

Have you seen that newly refurbished open-air water taxi?

Last edited:
I think Copper Creek and Boardwalk will be a great December trip! I’m actually doing a CCV/BW/RIV split stay in December :-)

Wilderness Lodge of course has impressive Christmas decorations. I think in a normal year, Jambo is right up there with their Christmas tree, but of course this year nearly everything is closed there.

I like Boardwalk’s Christmas decorations because of the fireplace, it has a different feel than the lobbies with a big tree. Also, you can walk to BC/YC to see more Christmas decorations. And you can’t beat the proximity to Epcot and HS, especially with the socially distanced transportation this year.

Have a great trip!

Wow, I thought I was the only person doing so many split-stays. Normally, I stay at my home resort and PCR.

Isn't that the truth? I usually make my reservations 11-months in advance. It has been less than two months before I committed to going this year.

I agree.

Thank you, iheartglaciers.

Wow, I thought I was the only person doing so many split-stays. Normally, I stay at my home resort and PCR.

Isn't that the truth? I usually make my reservations 11-months in advance. It has been less than two months before I committed to going this year.

I agree.

Thank you, iheartglaciers.

I usually make my reservations 11-months out too! Though I always split stay between two resorts per trip (usually my home resorts, BW and WL, and coordinate park days for proximity to Epcot/Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom), but when I saw two nights open up in a RIV Tower Studio, I really wanted to try it! When will I ever snag a Tower Studio again as a non-RIV owner? I'm also going to be solo for that part of the trip, so I don't need a lot of room.

It is funny, although I booked these rooms a couple months out, I ended up at two of my home resorts anyway. I guess I must like them 🤣.

I usually make my reservations 11-months out too! Though I always split stay between two resorts per trip (usually my home resorts, BW and WL, and coordinate park days for proximity to Epcot/Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom), but when I saw two nights open up in a RIV Tower Studio, I really wanted to try it! When will I ever snag a Tower Studio again as a non-RIV owner? I'm also going to be solo for that part of the trip, so I don't need a lot of room.

It is funny, although I booked these rooms a couple months out, I ended up at two of my home resorts anyway. I guess I must like them 🤣.

That's wonderful! I'm happy for you.

The open boats are new to me - they look awesome!

I vaguely recall seeing these boats a very long time ago, but I'm not sure.

These are the only recent WDW reopening photos that I've seen.

I saw one photo leaving MK to the PVR and this one to WL.

The rear entrance, before the steps down to the benches, may...may be capable of storing a wheelchair or mobility scooter, but no one has taken a photo of it. And I understand because why would a guest without a disability (themself or family) really care to take a photo.

But it's not not like staying at the Swan/Dolphin Resorts that have to use those few MEARS' buses with lifts. Only 10% of all MEARS' bus fleet have accessible lifts. Using them as DME buses is one thing.

I am willing to take a WDW bus at CCV every trip instead of using the CCV water taxi if it is not accessible because I want to enjoy the magical Christmas experience at the CCV.

I'll take photos when I go in December.

I'm hoping the water taxi will be accessible.

Last edited:
Aren’t those the boats used for Pirates and Pals fireworks cruises?

For years we alternated between VWL and BWV for our December stays. Now we add in VGF whenever we can get in, we own very few points there, so a split stay. This year we have VGF and VWL.

I love the VWL building itself with its nooks and crannies, and have spent quality time writing Christmas cards there. In fact, many times when staying elsewhere with girlfriends, I take time to show my friends the beauty of that particular resort. Look for the very special hidden Mickey in the atrium of the building!

Aren’t those the boats used for Pirates and Pals fireworks cruises?

For years we alternated between VWL and BWV for our December stays. Now we add in VGF whenever we can get in, we own very few points there, so a split stay. This year we have VGF and VWL.

I love the VWL building itself with its nooks and crannies, and have spent quality time writing Christmas cards there. In fact, many times when staying elsewhere with girlfriends, I take time to show my friends the beauty of that particular resort. Look for the very special hidden Mickey in the atrium of the building!

I asked on the transportation board and found similar boats when the AK first opened on their river for a short time.

I'd go for the one where you can still get a HCA villa for Dec. But not BLT studio for sure. I'd avoid Jambo House as well since so much is closed there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter