Which DVC resort for ladies only trip??

AllisonG

<font color=CC66CC>Good thing the TF is multi-ling
Which is your favorite DVC resort and why??
I am planning a big trip for myself and some friends and I would love to hear others opinions.
OK, here is another question:
If you were going to stay DVC, your bringing a bunch of friends and want a 2BR, the party will only consist of adults (no kids allowed) and you were going for the F&WF, which DVC resort would you stay at?? My thoughts were BCV because location and atmosphere but I also thought maybe AKV but their kinda far from the action. SO, I need all the help I can get.
Please, the more responses the better!

Please explain why BWV? I have never stayed there and from the pictures that I saw, the rooms looked a little rundown.... I could be wrong though, make me wrong...!::yes::

The Boardwalk is a vibrant and festive location...and you can walk to Epcot and MGM.

You will enjoy shopping, great restaurants and entertainment all right on the Boardwalk every single night.

Plus JellyRolls (Piano Sing A Long Bar) is there...You will have a ball with your girlfriends spending the evening there...SO much fun!

You can stroll over to the World Showcase and eat at your choice of countries and then watch Illuminations....

There are so may reasons that the BWV would be a great choice for your trip.

My second choice would be Beach CLub Villas for the location (right across the lake from BWV) and the incredible pool.

Look at them both at Disney.com. There are photos and videos...

If you want an isolated yet peaceful vacation away from it all, I would choose Old Key West or Saratoga Springs.

All the DVC resorts are wonderful! Choose what best suits your personality.:goodvibes

And Yes, the BWV is older than most other DVC's but in my experience very well maintained. You know what they say...location, location, location

That was a super response Mich Mouse. Thank you so much for all the details.
Now if I could only get more responses on different resorts.:scratchin

I am going to have to second all that was said about the Boardwalk......lots of options from a central location. I am hosting a 60th B-Day party for myself and 8 of my girlfriends in Sept 2010 and am hoping to be able to book a Grand Villa (yes BW is my home resort and I am incredibly biased!!). Saratoga and AKV because they are newer are a bit more luxurious in decor but nothing beats the festive atmosphere of the Boardwalk at night. Another plus not mentioned is the comfy lounge on the Inn side of the Boardwalk, nice place to meet for drinks before or after heading out for the night.And the fact that there are 2 "quiet" pools in addition to the main pool, almost always plenty of seating and mostly adults at both of these pools. I have also stayed at the Beach Club Villas and some these points can be made for this resort also but the Boardwalk just feels more comfortable for adults. I travel almost always to WDW with only adults (DH or best friend or 30ys old son or some combination), we have tried many resorts.....favorite by far is the Boardwalk.

I have to agree. We own at AKV, BLT and SSR but I would stay at BWV for the party you're describing. Been there at night and loved the atmosphere. It's clos to Epcot and about a mile from MGM. Boats available for both also.

How many ladies total? You may want to look at OKW for the extra room. All BWV 2 bedrooms are lockoffs, which means you have 1 king in the master , 1 queen and 1 double sofabed in the second bedroom and a queen sofabed in the living room. OKW would give you 2 queens in the second bedroom plus more seating room in the living room.

:goodvibes Just got back from a trip to BW and it was fabulous!

Everything was right there, we meandered here and there, many dining options, and easy walking, boating, transportation period.

A group of us closed down JellyRolls one night, and it was a hop skip and a stumble to our rooms!

I have to agree with everyone else and suggest BWV for their nightlife and convenience....BUT that being said, SSR has a spa on site. This is a definite plus for a women's only relaxing kind of vacation. Also walking distance from great shopping at Downtown Disney.....something to think about!!!!

The Spa @ Saratoga is wonderful and a huge plus for that resort choice but the Boardwalk does offer some spa treatments (massages) and though I have not personally had one at this location, my best friend did and she said it was every bit as good as SSR. I may look into having my entire group book some kind of spa treatment at either SSR or Grand Floridian during my 60th celebration bash!!

I love all the resorts you mention, but would also choose BWV for a girls only trip for all the reasons mentioned - especially during F&W!! - and if you are looking for a great Spa - be sure and check out the Mandara Spa over at the Dolphin (right behind BWV)- we have always had great experiences there!:thumbsup2

I took 5 friends in Nov. 2007, to the Food and Wine Festival. We were ages 41 - 69. Nothing can beat the BWV for F&WF. I had a 2BR and a Studio, both Boardwalk view. I do wish the 2nd bedroom and/or studio had two queen beds, but both of the sofabeds were reported to be comfortable. (I had the king in the master all to myself - LOL) The oldest member of my group was on an ECV, so staying at BW and just "rolling into Epcot" couldn't have been easier. I still prefer the size of the villas at OKW, but BW just can't be beat for proximity to Epcot!

How many ladies total? You may want to look at OKW for the extra room. All BWV 2 bedrooms are lockoffs, which means you have 1 king in the master , 1 queen and 1 double sofabed in the second bedroom and a queen sofabed in the living room. OKW would give you 2 queens in the second bedroom plus more seating room in the living room.

As well as sharing a name, I think we must share a brain. OKW was my thought, too, for the two queen beds in the second bedroom. BWV - too many sleeper sofas in a two bedroom. And don't forget about the larger bathroom at OKW.

I did this very thing last year in fact. Me,my mom, aunt, and 3 friends did the F&FW last year and stayed at the BWV. Very fun but too long of a walk to the room. I prefer the BCV instead because it is quiet there when I am ready to pass out. LOL.

The Boardwalk is a vibrant and festive location...and you can walk to Epcot and MGM.

You will enjoy shopping, great restaurants and entertainment all right on the Boardwalk every single night.

Plus JellyRolls (Piano Sing A Long Bar) is there...You will have a ball with your girlfriends spending the evening there...SO much fun!

You can stroll over to the World Showcase and eat at your choice of countries and then watch Illuminations....

There are so may reasons that the BWV would be a great choice for your trip.

My second choice would be Beach CLub Villas for the location (right across the lake from BWV) and the incredible pool.

Look at them both at Disney.com. There are photos and videos...

If you want an isolated yet peaceful vacation away from it all, I would choose Old Key West or Saratoga Springs.

All the DVC resorts are wonderful! Choose what best suits your personality.:goodvibes

And Yes, the BWV is older than most other DVC's but in my experience very well maintained. You know what they say...location, location, location

ITA with ALL these comments....and if you have another bed, I'll be there !!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I've planned a GalsWeekend, it's the March trip that's coming up, and there will be 5 of us in a 2 bedroom, with DSis and I sharing the Kingbed. I really thought OKW would be the perfect place, because of the size and 2 Queens in the second bedroom, but I asked for opinions, gave links and BWV was the choice. It's fine with me, we own there and got standard view. My DFs really wanted to easy access to Epcot. It's F&G, and so it's a good choice, they all would be...I had offered, AKV standard view, SSR, OKW and BWV.

3 of the 4 have already stayed with me at BWV, so it could also be familiarity that caused them to choose. I think that comments on the quality of the stay at BWV as well. We're adults in our 50s -60s.

Bobbi:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter