Which Drink Bookings to Keep?

For those saying the mixology class was not mix your own or interactive, we went in December and they said Mickey changed the policy and we could start mixing again. Are others that sailed after December not having the same experience?

That was our 1st time doing it and it was a blast.
We sailed this March on the Fantasy and there was one drink (mojito) where we went up to the front of the bar in small groups and each made our own, no making drinks for others.

If mixology is back to how it was, where the drinks are not pre-mixed it might be fun. My wife and I did this shortly after cruising restarted from COVID, and the drinks were pre-made and we were told they couldn't give us the recipe cards due to COVID. Felt like it was a huge waste as the person in charge of the event was hard to understand so we didn't know how much of each was mixed into the drink.

I've read the champagne's are ones you can get cheap back home so I would probably go for the chocolate pairing event.

I've read the champagnes are ones you can get cheap back home

I don't recall them all being "cheap". We had some good ones. But obviously they're not going to break out the most expensive bottle for it - the fee for the tasting wouldn't even cover one of the most expensive bottles.

I've read the champagne's are ones you can get cheap back home so I would probably go for the chocolate pairing event.
Here's what we had on the Dream in March (I looked up some prices online using McLean VA pricing on Total Wine's website).

Billecart Salmon Bl Des Blancs – $99.99
Moet & Chandon Imperial Brut – $46.97
Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label Brut – $54.97
Pommery Brut Rose – $69.99
Moet & Chandon Ice Imperial – $65.99

Champagnes.jpg

We sailed this March on the Fantasy and there was one drink (mojito) where we went up to the front of the bar in small groups and each made our own, no making drinks for others.
Oh my goodness I guess we were very very lucky. (Pixie Dust) I booked this again for an upcoming cruise, but I may have to cancel it if these stories stay true.

Here's what we had on the Dream in March (I looked up some prices online using McLean VA pricing on Total Wine's website).

Billecart Salmon Bl Des Blancs – $99.99
Moet & Chandon Imperial Brut – $46.97
Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label Brut – $54.97
Pommery Brut Rose – $69.99
Moet & Chandon Ice Imperial – $65.99

View attachment 758040
We did this in December too. Was not just cheap stuff. But mostly mid tier bottles IMHO. I would not do this one again. But chocolate and liquor yes please and of course the mixology if we actually get to mix...

Well with no other replies it looks like it's a very good chance that you or we would not be mixing in mixology... 😔😪

So we got very lucky in December, but I will likely not risk it then...

We did mixology on the Dream a couple weeks ago. We had a great Serbian bartender who said Disney policy now allowed us to mix our drinks. For each drink, 4 volunteers would go up and make a handful of them and distribute to everyone.

We did mixology on the Dream a couple weeks ago. We had a great Serbian bartender who said Disney policy now allowed us to mix our drinks. For each drink, 4 volunteers would go up and make a handful of them and distribute to everyone.
Well just when I think I am out, you pull me back in!

That was exactly our experience in December.

Did the mixology on the Wish on the April 21st-24th sailing, also did Martini, Chocolate and Liquor and Mixology tasting on April 24th-28th sailing. I Did Back-2-Back 3/4 night sailings

Mixology and Martini were my favorite. We didn’t mix, but the drinks were fantastic. The Bartender Sam on the Wish is fantastic.

The Mixology on the 4 night was done at The Rose and drinks were made by bartenders as it went. Smaller class. Still fun

Keep mixology and it’s a horse a piece for the others.

I've been wanting to do chocolate and liquor but being a lowly silver (mainly because I got my first cruise under me belt a few years ago), I wasn't able to book it on my last cruise. It's between that & micology as my choices.

I've been wanting to do chocolate and liquor but being a lowly silver (mainly because I got my first cruise under me belt a few years ago), I wasn't able to book it on my last cruise. It's between that & micology as my choices.
You'd be amazed at the number of folks who don't show up. I would try to be at the venue at the start to see if you can get in.

You'd be amazed at the number of folks who don't show up. I would try to be at the venue at the start to see if you can get in.
Yes! I always wonder if they get charged for no-showing.

@Unvoiced_Apollo I did exactly that previously, at the suggestion of one of the CMs. DH and I just hung in the back of the line while they checked people in, and they let us in after only a minute or 2 wait. Pretty sure it was mixology.

The chocolate and liquor was excellent. Ours included champagne, a red, a port, and a whiskey. You also get the lead sommelier on the ship who is very knowledgeable.

Attachments

• IMG_7288.jpeg
    IMG_7288.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 13
OP, checking back in what did you decide? I am still terribly torn on keeping the mixology on my upcoming trip with the risk of no mixing...

OP, checking back in what did you decide? I am still terribly torn on keeping the mixology on my upcoming trip with the risk of no mixing...
We didn't mix on the one we were in on the Magic. The waitresses brought out the drinks and the bartender demo-ed for us while we drank. Actually, one person got to demo after the bartender, but he got to keep the drink. I thought it was fine, but I know some people really like to mix.

I was on the Dream April 29th and we did three...Mixology, Martini and Rum. We loved Mixology and Martini. Rum was just ok. We had so much fun making the drinks in Mixology! I highly recommend it!

I was on the Dream April 29th and we did three...Mixology, Martini and Rum. We loved Mixology and Martini. Rum was just ok. We had so much fun making the drinks in Mixology! I highly recommend it!
Was thinking about rum... Dream is where we were allowed to mix last year. Seems like the only ship doing it. Glad you were able to do that and had fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter