Which do you regret more?

Do you regret your inaction or action more?

• inaction

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • action

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
I just finished listening to a podcast on regret and thought it was a great question.

In your life do you regret something you did or didn't do more?

In my case I spend more time thinking about things I didn't do than things I did that didn't turn out all that great.

I have more regret for things I didn’t do.

My biggest regret is listening to people tell me how school teachers make to little and have to take their work home with them to grade papers and more. I wish I didn’t listen to any of them, so I could become a high school history teacher. Instead, I was weak back then, and let the opinions of others direct me, instead of me directing me.

Oh, inaction. Didn't even have to think about it. I have huge regret about deciding not to go to college in New York City when I had the opportunity. I was seventeen and just too afraid to try, to go to a big city, to do unfamiliar things.

'For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'~ John Greenleaf Whittier

Inaction - I would always like to know I tried.

That said, I've forced situations that I should've left alone. I have a real hot button on fairness that I have to let go. Trying to be fair has created family issues. As an older adult I do realize that in certain instances, while I regret my inaction, I'm really not capable of extending myself to act. I have found myself in some situations with my grandchildren that I have regretted because I don't want them to remember me as a crotchety old bat just because I overextended my ability to accomodate my daughters babysitting needs. Sometimes the best choice is inaction.

Inaction - I regret not making my own physical and mental health a priority. I put my family's needs and even my employer's needs before my own for more than 20 years. I am dealing with the negative effects of that now.

I really don't have many regrets. Every decision is usually thought out and the best decision, at the time.
My biggest one is probably selling our previous home for our new home. Our new home is subdivision cookie cutter where our old home was a 1950's home and just had more character. But on the flip side, that house only had a 1 car garage where we have 3.5 cars now. That home was more in a city setting so hard to go on runs from home as you are crossing streets every 3 houses. Where now we have a trail system and easy to get in a 5 mile run without crossing a street.

Definitely action. I had a medical condition that I was unaware of plus medication that made me act in ways out of character. It caused a lot of problems during those few years.

Thankfully, it was diagnosed and I'm ok now. Sure wish I could time travel :)

No regrets. My decisions and indecisions have made me who I am. Most regrets are from inaction because we’ll never know. Don’t wait - life is definitely too short.

Things I have done. Those are the ones that have actually, not just theoretically, affected others and myself in ways I would reverse if I were able. As for the whole "road not travelled" thing, well, there's no way to know for sure that different decisions would have had better outcomes.

That is a tough question really. I think my biggest regrets are things I did NOT do. As far as life decisions, paths, I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for those. However, my regrets are more that I wish I had spent more time doing "x" and "y" instead of "z".

Some of both:
- I can think of opportunities I should've taken, roads that would've been better for me than the ones I chose.
- I can also think of things that make me say, "Thank God I turned away from that decision."

I only have one life regret: selling my NES and my library of cartridges at a garage sale when we moved to CA. What a stupid thing to do. I was a stupid teenager and $50 sounded good at the time.

Otherwise, honestly, I think very carefully about all the decisions I make and am always confident I made the best one for the situation. I don't make decisions lightly and I have no regrets.

Thankfully I don't have any big regrets.
I don't regret

Marrying my husband
Career
Having my kids

I do regret moving from CA to NC, but it is what it is and has worked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter