Which Disney movie...

exit30

Mouseketeer
to watch just days before you check in? Which movie do you, or would you watch to get you in the spirit? I have the weekend off and we check in on Wednesday the 9th.

The first time we went we hadn't seen a few of them...(myself included), so the second time we went we made sure to watch over the two weeks before we left, Snow White, Lilo and Stitch, Peter Pan, and a couple others... (DD met Stitch and was like "Who in the WORLD was that?")...

This time, before will probably be Frozen, Toy Story 2, Tangled, Rapunzel... Some of these we have ready for our plane ride too...

But THE night before we leave for the airport the next day? CINDERELLA... can't WAIT to pop that in!!!:cool1:

My family loves to watch the Lion King before we leave...something about it:)

We go on a binge about two weeks prior...a movie every night! We leave in 4 weeks, so I am compiling my list: Tangled, The Incredibles, Beauty & the Beast, Fox and the Hound (my personal favorite), Jungle Book, Frozen...heck, we may watch them all:lmao:

During March Madness, my family does a Disney movie bracket;)

I'm glad to see we're not the only ones that do this :) We've been watching Disney movies almost non-stop for weeks and DH just mentioned that he wants to make sure we watch Aladdin before we go. I vote for Frozen one more time!

Whew Im glad we are also not the only ones to do this. Personal favorites before a trip are; The Lion King, Hercules, Tarzan, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Aladdin, Toy Story 1-2-3, Monsters Inc, Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, Snow White, and now including frozen... We usually binge 2 weeks prior lol!

Combination of Disney planning DVDs, animated movies, classic cartoons - loooove old Mickey in black and white - and of course, the Little Mermaid is a must.

Every time we are at disney my daughter has to watch the Tower of Terror movie, we check it out from the DVDs section at the Boardwalk community hall. I don't think it's a disney movie and it's pretty bad but gets her excited for the ride.

We leave 2 weeks from today!! We've started watching our collection of Disney planning DVD's. We also watch recorded shows from the Travel Channel about Disney World. The Lion King and Cinderella are favorites to watch right before we leave!!

We aren't going until October, but we've started watching the movies on the weekends with a matching meal (I saw the idea here.). Last night was Angel Hair Pasta Chicken Alfredo for Rapunzel, and I made an apple pie for Snow White tonight.

When I was about 5 years old, my family was vacationing in Daytona Beach and I watched a VHS tape of Toy Story 2 in the car one day as they took me "out shopping" one day. It turns out they were surprising me with my first ever day at the Magic Kingdom :) Now I watch Toy Story 2 before every vacation!!!

I made our reservations in Jan for a Dec trip. I started a basket with small peices of paper for each of the Disney movies we have. Each weekend we have a family night movie and the kids take turns picking one out of the basket. Now that they now about the trip they are even more excited to watch the next Disney movie!

LILO and stitch since we are doing the Obama breakfast :)
LoL! Darn auto correct! My sons love Stitch so we had to watch all 3 Lilo and Stitch movies! I think they even tried to find the TV series to watch! I am sure we will watch it again before we go since we are doing the Ohana breakfast too :stitch:

It is fun to watch movies in anticipation of a trip. I agree with some of the classics or ones based on rides or characters you will see in the parks.
Here a few that have not been mentioned yet:
Kids Sing-along -Disneyland Fun (it has kids and characters running around the parks singing favorite songs like, "Walking Right Down the Middle of Main Street, U.S.A"
It was so much fun when the first thing we encountered on our trip was the Main Street Trolley and the singers and dancers jumped off the trolley and started singing that song. My DD loved it!
There is also a sing-along DVD based in Animal Kingdom and one in Typhon Lagoon.

Movies not mentioned before -
Mulan
Dumbo
Mary Poppins
Haunted Mansion
Muppet Movie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter