Which day for MK Easter weekend?

snoopy5386

DIS Veteran
We have a short trip booked for Easter weekend (our school district is no fun, so our spring break is only Good Friday and Easter Monday and I work there so we can't miss any school) and on the crowd calendars MK is a Red Worst Park every day we are there. Does it matter then which day we go? We have a half a day on Good Friday, all day Saturday, all day Easter Sunday and most of the day Monday before we leave, figuring ME will pick us up around 5:30 pm. Which day would you pick?

If that's your favorite park, I'd choose Saturday so you can have the most time there without the Easter Day crowds on Sunday.

I usually avoid MK on actual holiday days, like Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, 4th of July, etc. Epcot was always a fun park for us on Easter Day when our kids were younger. They have a couple egg hunts and fun things for kids (at least they used to...). We've also gone to AK on actual holiday days, and that was always a good choice too. I can see Pandora being very crowded (cause it's always crowded even on non-holidays....), but as long as you have your FPs, it's not really a big deal.

Will you have park hoppers in case you decide to bail? That is going to be cra-ZY at MK. I was there one of those days within a couple days of Easter and I just had to laugh, I had never seen it like that before! I'm talking shoulder to shoulder through the entire park, no personal body space, only able to do Tiki Room and Country Bear Jamboree crowded! Honestly I don't think it matters which day, that whole weekend will be like that. Get some fastpasses and expect not to do much on the fly and just soak it in - it's truly an experience! Have fun and don't worry about it - it is what it is. I do recommend a hopper though!

We have APs yes so we can hop. Thinking we want to see Illuminations and Star Wars fireworks while we are there. Better maybe to do two early mornings at magic kingdom maybe? We’ll be there at thanksgiving for a slightly longer trip, I’ll be bringing my kids solo in the summer and we’ll do one more long weekend fall trip before these APs expire so it’s not a do or die kind of trip. So it soounds like Saturday is our best bet then?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter