• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Cruise Deck?

Which ship? What type of room?

For the Magic/Wonder we love category 9C, Oceanview on deck 2. Economical, large porthole window, quick walk up to decks 3/4, easy access to elevator, etc

Which ship? What type of room?

For the Magic/Wonder we love category 9C, Oceanview on deck 2. Economical, large porthole window, quick walk up to decks 3/4, easy access to elevator, etc
We will be on the Wonder - Verandah

I’ve sailed twice deck 6 midship on the Wonder and love the location. It was so easy to go up and down the stairs to get to everything quickly. Also didn’t feel much motion there.

I usually try to avoid being under the pool deck since I am sensitive to noise. Also, the one time I sailed in the aft (Magic) I found the vibration to be surprisingly bad so probably would not do that again.

If non-concierge, prefer decks 8 or 9 on Fantasy/Dream and 7 on Wonder/Magic. I didn't mind 10 on Fantasy/Dream but DD had difficulties sleeping from noise. We never use elevators until walk off on disembarkation days and these levels seem to work best for us.

Generally, we look for a cabin that is not under a sports/pool deck. We also prefer to be not terribly close to an elevator lobby.

I’ve sailed twice deck 6 midship on the Wonder and love the location. It was so easy to go up and down the stairs to get to everything quickly. Also didn’t feel much motion there.

I usually try to avoid being under the pool deck since I am sensitive to noise. Also, the one time I sailed in the aft (Magic) I found the vibration to be surprisingly bad so probably would not do that again.

We are leaning towards deck 6 or 7 midship on the Wonder - which way do you think you'd go?

I always book the highest deck available, usually mid-to-aft. I won't book a midship top deck room again because of the noise on the pool deck, but moving just a bit aft gets under Cabanas and then the noise is pretty much eliminated. Something like #10616 on the Dream/Fantasy is ideal. I like the overhang!

I avoid deck 5 on all ships because that's the kid's club level. I also avoid deck 6 because it's too close to the kid's clubs.

We are leaning towards deck 6 or 7 midship on the Wonder - which way do you think you'd go?

I think either would be great! Like I said, I’ve done Deck 6 twice, and I think I only picked that deck because it was a little cheaper IIRC. Posters above have said they stay away from 6 because the kids club is on 5, but both times I stayed directly over the kids club and didn’t hear a sound. I would also think about where you’ll spend the most time—if it’s on the pool deck, 7 would be closer, but 6 is closer to the adult areas and restaurants.

On Dream and Fantasy we go for Deck 9. Seems to be a sweet spot between the atrium/kids clubs/restaurants and the pool/cabanas. We have been on 10 and 8 and they are both just as good.

On Dream and Fantasy we go for Deck 9. Seems to be a sweet spot between the atrium/kids clubs/restaurants and the pool/cabanas. We have been on 10 and 8 and they are both just as good.
On the Dream/Fantasy, we avoid deck 10 because of the large overhang. Its only a problem if you are in a balcony cabin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter