Which comes first - the deodorant or the shirt?

I never knew people put it on after getting dressed on purpose...lol. I just thought that was because they forgot!! Haha. I put it on as soon as I get out of the shower, then dry my hair and put on my makeup and then get dressed.

I always do deodorant right out of shower, then bra/shirt.

And yes, no matter how careful I am getting dressed, I sometimes can't help getting some of the deodorant on my clothes! GRRRR!!

I wish I could do it the other way - get dressed FIRST, but I'm afraid I'd forget the deodorant :eek: since I get dressed right before I walk out the door to work!

That's why you keep one in your desk drawer. :cool1:

I'm shirt than deodorant. And the one in the drawer came about when I made the switch from deodorant than shirt. (Almost sent that without the r!!!)

Clearly I'm clueless, but exactly how does one put on deodorant with their shirt already on.:confused3 It seems like this would be pretty much impossible unless the shirt was very loose or buttoned down the front, in which case getting deodorant on it as you put it on doesn't seem like it would be an issue.

What am I missing here?

Female- deodorant and then shirt unless it is a tank top/ sleeveless, then its a 50/50 split. And yes I have deodorant in my locker at work in case i forget or need to reapply.

Do you think it has something to do with roll-on/gel vs. spray? I know DH puts his on before his shirt, but it's the spray deoderant. I think that would be harder to do with a shirt on.

Deodorant, bra then shirt. I don't have a desk, but I have 1 tube of women's deodorant and 1 tube of men's in my car console. This started with the kids forgetting to put on deodorant before school and get to the bus stop and go I forgot. It only took 1 missed bus to do this! Now everyone has a backup in the car if forgotten/needed.

The smell of 2 teenage boys after school without deodorant is enough to kill someone!

That's why you keep one in your desk drawer. :cool1:

I'm shirt than deodorant. And the one in the drawer came about when I made the switch from deodorant than shirt. (Almost sent that without the r!!!)

Yeah, that is a good idea. I really ought to buy a travel sized one and keep it in my office because I KNOW that anytime I try to change up my routine, I will forget a step, lol. :thumbsup2

Female- deodorant, bra, shirt (well, of course I put my bra on before my shirt).

I once forgot to put deodorant on at WDW (in August). I was standing in line at Small World when I realized that the slight funk I smelled was me. :eek:

I wound up (arms tight to my side) in Tomorrowland, asking at Mickey's Star Traders for deodorant, and they sent me all the way to Main Street, where I finally got some at the Emporium from behind the counter at an extortionate price. Well, that's what I get for being too excited to get out of the hotel room.

Clearly I'm clueless, but exactly how does one put on deodorant with their shirt already on.:confused3 It seems like this would be pretty much impossible unless the shirt was very loose or buttoned down the front, in which case getting deodorant on it as you put it on doesn't seem like it would be an issue.

What am I missing here?

Well my shirts are stretchy, so I usually just go under... but if they're a little tighter, I go in thru the neck. :thumbsup2

I do probably look a little funny with the going under the shirt part though, as I know I do a weird hunchback thing trying to keep my shirt from getting hit. :rotfl2:

I'm female and put deodorant on first then shirt, no problems with white marks as I use an anti white mark deodorant

I am female and put deodorant on first, and so does my husband.

for me, it is applied after showering... Not later, or the next morning... It is bathe, and then apply... Always before dressing... Have to let it dry a little bit. Don't want to think about the whole deodorant mess in the underarms of my bra and clothes!

Now, for my son... it is AFTER dressing... lift up the shirt, insert can of AXE, spray, and go. :rotfl2:

Follow-up question: If you have a desk at work, how many of you keep deodorant in your desk drawer in case you forget it in the morning? I DO!! :rotfl2: I have only used it a few times, but I was glad it was there!

I am 50/50 for before or after I put on a shirt but it's a night shirt so it's no biggie if I get deodorant on it.

I do keep some in my desk drawer because I do forget every once in a great while - probably once or twice a year and it's going to be on a super hot & humid day when I need it the most. But, I recently found out it goes bad. The stick I had in my desk has been there for years and when I went to use it a couple of weeks ago it was rancid. It smelled like sour rotten vinegar.

I use to do either way first or last until I bought the wrong deodorant. Mine use to say little black dress approved and I could put it on first without worrying about white streaks.

Now I have to go back to deodorant after shirt, yup depending on the shirt its either pull one side of the shirt out and go up or through the neck is probably easiest.

Female btw :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter