• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which coffee is your favorite?

DeeBee3

I'm not grumpy; you're too happy.
Just curious - which resort coffee is your favorite? Can you tell the difference? I love a good dark roast. Only have had coffee at Wilderness Lodge or parks. I don't function fully without a good cup in the morning, so I love hearing the reviews.
☕☕☕

The pressed pot coffee (we usually get it at Boma which is closed right now) is wonderful! We always get it when we eat breakfast there. They might also have it at Sanaa, which I think is open right now. I think they have it at Jiko too. Not sure which other restaurants have it.

I like the Trattoria al Forna blend from Joffrey's at home and in the restaurant. Kona Cafe pressed pot is great too.

I remember when Joffrey's was exclaiming they would not do a dark roast. Now they have 13 different dark roasts on their web site all based on various Disney restaurants.

I'm not going to answer with a resort coffee type, but instead a resort coffee time. My answer is, what ever resort opens earliest, and they don't all open at the same time.

Pre-covid
Contemporary was the very best (last Dec they had fresh coffee brewing by 5:30 am at the QS)
Beach club was close because the lady working filled my mug with lattes instead of reg by 6am in the atrium/sunroom
Most others had coffee by 6-6:30.
The worst two were Saratoga springs (nothing anywhere till 7am) and OKW (because it took so long to get to the coffee refill station)

Post-covid (I only stayed 3 places)
Kidani, Sanaa opened before the QS and the nice lady refilled my mug with lattes instead of reg. coffee (before 7)
Poly, awesome service, the QS technically opened at 7, but they refilled mugs starting whenever they lifted the gate (around 6:15)
Beach club post covid (disappointing, no where I could find for coffee before 7am when QS opened)

If anyone has thoughts to add to this, I would love to hear where you can get coffee early (I'm up way. before my family and don't like to disturb them by puttering around in. the room making it.

Kona at Poly
After that - none I’ll grab a Starbucks but otherwise I bring my own for in the room

It's good to note: most of the resorts serve pretty much the same coffee (Joffrey's), so it all pretty much tastes the same. We have had press pot at multiple TS breakfasts in the last few months, which is my favorite by far, but they taste the same as eachother so just pick a sit down breakfast that has press pot and you're good for that (we had it at Ale & Compass at YC, and Toppolino's Terrace at Riviera, both amazing breakfasts and great coffee). Other wise just go to any Joffrey's, it's all the same pretty much. I've even had the Joffrey's coffees at home from the different resorts and honestly all the dark roasts taste exactly the same in the end.

Joffrey's Kona blend is our favourite. We always take some home with us and actually have ordered it from Joffrey's to be sent to our home in Canada! It's like having a little bit of of Disney with us until we can get back to the parks!

Beach club post covid (disappointing, no where I could find for coffee before 7am when QS opened)

If anyone has thoughts to add to this, I would love to hear where you can get coffee early (I'm up way. before my family and don't like to disturb them by puttering around in. the room making it.

It isn't too long of a walk over to the Boardwalk Bakery, which opens at 6:30AM. Although it is mobile order only when I was there, I didn't feel like going through mobile order for a cup of coffee. Pre-COVID, I would order the double espresso and ask for it in an coffee cup, then go over to the tea station and top it off with hot water to make my own Americano. It was $3.79 versus $5.50. Over 10 days that adds up.

so I'm a Fort Wilderness guy and the coffee there frankly stinks. very lightly made, if you put a little milk in it the whole cup turns white. it's joffrey's but it's just too thin for me.

my favorite on property is getting an iced americano at starbucks or Joffrey's. both have solid espresso.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter