Which Character Meal for 4 yo ds and 21 mth dd

bears

Earning My Ears
I'm thinking of taking the kids to a Character meal when we go in May. Which one is the best for a 4 yo ds and 21 mth dd? And is it too late for reservations for May? I know that the Cinderella one's are very popular but since dd is too young to understand about princesses anyways, we wouldn't do that. I know lots of people have enjoyed Chef Mickeys, how much is breakfast there?
Can anyone book PS and is it the same as a reservation?

Thanks, Tina

Chef Mickeys is a great one because there is usually Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto and Chip and Dale. But not always. The food is great and it is a really fun restaurant. In the MK I would say the Crystal Palace for either breakfast or lunch. This one has Pooh characters and is really good also. If you call and can not get PS keep calling because people cancel all the time. Good luck

I think Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace are great choices. Here is a link to a website that has all the menus and prices. www.allearsnet.com I think the buffets usually run about $10 per child and it varies for adults depending on the meal. Your 21 month old will be free.

To answer your other question, anyone can make a PS- you don't have to be staying on the Disney property to have one. It is not quite the same as a reservation....basically you show up for the PS time they give you and you will be given the next available table for the size of your party. They don't hold a table for you like a reservation does. We never had to wait more than 10 minutes or so for our priority seatings. I would call on the 90 day mark for either of those restaurants that I mentioned, esp Chef Mickey's as it books up very fast.

This is a character breakfast in the Beach Club--- it is more subdued and laid back and less hectic than the ones in the parks IMO--- they have Minnie, Goofy and Chip and Dale and the breakfast is GREAT! the characters came by three times during our meal and were so friendly--- this may be a great idea for a first experience--

Cape May is definitely our favorite as well. They have a vast selection and the food is excellent! We also love the fact that it is not as crowded as Chef Mickey. It feels much more relaxed and we always feel as though we get much more character attention because of it.

I would say your best bet for deciding is going to depend on which characters your children like the best. If Mickey is a must Ohana is a good choice. Mickey and friends are there, it has a fun atmosphere and it is also less crowded than Chef Mickey. The only downfall is that the food is brought to you and they have less of a selection.

Good luck!

We went to 3 character meals with our 4yo and 2½yo sons: Cape May Cafe breakfast, Crystal Palace lunch, and Garden Grill dinner.

My 4yo enjoyed Crystal Palace the most (and we enjoyed the food the most). My 2½yo slept through the whole thing but he would definitely have loved seeing Pooh and gang. Otherwise, we liked CMC next. We will probably not go back to Garden Grill.

~DawnMaree

If you're up for doing 2, I would recommend Crystal Palace (Pooh characters) and Chef Mickey, we enjoyed both. We made PS for Chef Mickey the latest we could for breakfast and made that our "main meal" for that day and then did Crystal Palace another day as a late lunch around 3-4:00, then had snack for dinner. Our kids enjoyed both.

If you want something other than breakfast - how about the ice cream social at the Garden Grill? Won't seem as crowded and noisy since you can't see all the tables and it's an afternoon break time for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter