Which character did your baby try to say first?

First character baby tries to say the name of

• Mickey Mouse

• Minnie Mouse

• Winnie the Pooh

• Tigger

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

disneypolybride2008

DIS Veteran
Hi. My DD, 17 months just started trying to say Mickey Mouse! I can say, "say Mickey Mouse," and she will say, "me me." It is so precious!

Either Blue or Elmo, neither of which is a Disney character. As to which Disney character, I can't say I remember. Probably Mickey Mouse.

My son is 20 months and has been saying Mickey Mouse for several months now. He also pronounces it "me me" when he sees Mickey Mouse on TV. I love it :)

My son said Nemo first - "Mee-oh!!!!" :lmao: Followed pretty closely by Manny (Handy Manny).

Mickey Mouse is still just "Mouse" to my son, but he does love Goofy and always yells his name when he seems him.

Mickey! Of course its more like M-key. His eye light up whenever he see him. His room at Gramps's is in his computer room/study which is done in Mickey so he's being not so subtly geared towards him. :lmao:. He may may have bought him a Mickey bigger then he is for Christmas.

My oldest was a die hard Cars fan, and at 18 months old was telling us all the time that he wanted to watch "mickeen".

My daughter started at about 8 months yelling for "inbo" which was Tinkerbell.

My little guy started at about 8 months with his love for Mater, which he was able to say.

Melmo for Elmo was probably first
Mick for Mickey
Goof Goof for Goofy
Donald

DS is 20m

I think DS said "Minnie" first -- he was obsessed with her for quite a while...
but DD first said "wuf" for Pluto -- and now asks for her "ella" cup. :goodvibes

Mickey and company get a lot of smiles and clapping of hands from her, but no names as of yet.

My oldest is now 24 but she was a Disney baby. Her nursery was all set up Disney from the day she came home. We had the Disney Baby collection stickers on her walls and she had the Disney Baby stuffies. I remember hearing her one night over the monitor at about 11 months... dodu... dodu... I went in and she was sitting in her crib with her Donald Duck baby. I said who is that and she said "dodu". First trip to Disney with her she was 3 and wearing a tank top my mom had bought her, it had Goofy upside down on the front, when we walked onto Main Street there was Goofy, he saw her shirt, she started pointing at him, he pointed at her, came over to her and bent over so he was now upside down looking at her. That moment was priceless.

My daughter is 13 months and has been working on Mickey and Minnie Mouse for about a month. It's adorable.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

my babies are now 25,19 and 15! how time flies.:)

dd1- pooh
dd2- Pocahontas- she said honti
ds- mulan- he said lu lan.

Minnie first (about 21 months), Mickey a few days later, Pooh a couple weeks later, and now (22 months) she says "Winnie da Pooh." :)

But she doesn't understand that when I say poopoo, I'm not talking about the same thing. Last night she pooped in the tub and when she was trying to climb back in, I explained she couldn't because of the poopoo. I pointed at it to show her (and, you know, to get the concept for potty training). But she thought I was talking about her Winnie the Pooh washcloth, I guess, because she just kept saying "Bye-bye Winnie da Pooh!"

Pooh was her first Disney character she spoke out loud and at 23 months she still has trouble pronouncing the other favorite characters even though she tries SO HARD to say them! Mickey is now "dee dee" Nemo is "nem-o"

Pooh is still her favorite, especially since she has a Winnie the Pooh room. However, now that she's potty training is very hard to differentiate between her getting excited about Pooh the character and her telling us she has to "poo" in the potty :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter