• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Which character breakfast should we go to?

Big Head Dave

Earning My Ears
OK, so forget the quality of entertainment and characters on this one. I am primarily concerned about food selection, quantity, and quality. My wife and I are going to Disney and want to do a character breakfast at one of the parks. My wife is a vegetarian (except for fish). She is not a vegan, so she does eat eggs and milk products. That being said...

Which of the following breakfasts has the best food?

Akershaus Character Breakfast
Cinerella's Royal Table Breakfast
Crystal Palace Breakfast

Thanks for your help...

Having been to all 3 I would defintely have to say Crystal Palace. The food here is great and it is even the cheapest of the 3 to do!

The food at Akershaus was better this last time but all still seems to have a similar taste to it regardless of what it is. Must be some kind of seasoning they use.

The food at Cindy's is fairly good but it is very difficult to get.

Also Crystal Palace is buffet with lots of choices so you pick what you want. The other 2 are preplated and brought to your table. The food at Akershaus all comes in one plate, meat and all.

Hope this helps,
Lori

We really enjoyed Crystal Palace. Everything seemed really fresh. I also think it's the easiest to get a PS for. I think if the princesses were not at CRT people would not go there for "just" the food! The breakfast food is usually not what gets rave reviews ... it's the atmosphere of the princesses.

WDWO

Thanks.

My wife was leaning toward Crystal Table, as was I. We've booked it and are ready to go.

Thanks again.

I just returned from WDW earlier this month. Sorry I can't recommend any of the buffets you mention but just wanted to add a comment.

Being a vegetarian myself, I had a hard time finding something to eat when we were there. A side from eating at a buffet where there are more choices I had a very difficult time finding food to eat. Needless to say I got pretty hungry. Hope your wife has better luck than I did.

Originally posted by ladydancer
Being a vegetarian myself, I had a hard time finding something to eat when we were there.

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble finding vegetarian choices at WDW. For Big Head Dave's wife, and for you if you have further WDW trips planned, there is WDW vegetarian info on the internet that should help you with your plans. One source is www.allearsnet.com. There's a whole section there under dining that's devoted to vegetarian choices. Also, if you post a thread here titled something like "vegetarian suggestions" then you'll probably get some great responses. Our local library even carries a book about vegetarian choices at WDW.

Happy planning!

We enjoy the atmosphere and food at Crystal Palace. Looking forward to going there 11/22---haven't seen it since the big remodel.

Originally posted by Kaycee
I'm sorry to hear you had trouble finding vegetarian choices at WDW. For Big Head Dave's wife, and for you if you have further WDW trips planned, there is WDW vegetarian info on the internet that should help you with your plans. One source is www.allearsnet.com. There's a whole section there under dining that's devoted to vegetarian choices. Also, if you post a thread here titled something like "vegetarian suggestions" then you'll probably get some great responses. Our local library even carries a book about vegetarian choices at WDW.

Happy planning!

I had went to the menu section @ allears and planned a lot of our meals based on the menu. When we got there I found that the menu was outdated. Also we stayed @ Pop and there food court left a lot to be desired as selection goes. They do have at several locations throughout WDW and our food court food items with fake meat or those veggie burgers. I absolutely don't like that stuff.

I think next time I go to WDW, I will plan, taking some food for me to eat. Instead of relying on restaurant food.

Another vote for Crystal Palace. They have GREAT frittata and the breakfast lasagna is wonderful. Some people with texture issues don't like it, but it's great. It's soggy, like pancakes with syrup on them....but it's not syrup covered pancakes. :teeth: It's terrific!

ladydancer
I hated the POP food court too and everyone seems to think it's not that bad. It is not good at all. The ONLY thing that I though was decent was the steak and cheese sand and the lunar cheesecake. The Tie Die Cheesecake was nasty and the worms in dirt my 4 yr old wouldn't even eat. YLK!!!

although it's not one you listed, may i suggest 1900 Park Fair for the breakfast buffet? imo it is the best by far! the made to order omelettes are supreme and while the price is similar the quality is above average... it's worth the monorail ride for sure!

I love CP for breakfast. I eat very little meat and have no trouble finding great food at disney. But, I love veggie burgers (although the veggie burgers at Disney are not the best, they are not the worst I have ever had either), pasta dishes and will also order a salad, baked potato & 2 sides of veggies in a pinch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter