• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which category for Hoop Dee Doo?

jasmine91

Mouseketeer
We are excited to book Hoop Dee Doo and need some insight about which category is the most preferred. We are a party of 4 with 2 adults and two kids ages 9 and 11.

We have read that people love category three, but when I play around with reserving it, it seems to only accept bigger parties. Do you know if this is true?

The category that is most available is category 2. How are the seats here?

I guess my big question is - if all three categories are available when we want to go, which one should we pick?

Thanks!

We recently did it and did category 2. Were we’re on the sides of the main floor so had to look over a few heads but the cast came around all over, we got up and took pictures people were very friendly saying sit here and take your pictures. The show is great just good old fashioned fun we hadn’t done it in over 20 plus years and went back recently. Would do it again In a heartbeat. Food was good not great (but the strawberry shortcake is awesome) but the food and the show combined it’s a great value IMHO! When I go again though if category 1 is available I would splurge for that for sure

We are excited to book Hoop Dee Doo and need some insight about which category is the most preferred. We are a party of 4 with 2 adults and two kids ages 9 and 11.

We have read that people love category three, but when I play around with reserving it, it seems to only accept bigger parties. Do you know if this is true?

The category that is most available is category 2. How are the seats here?

I guess my big question is - if all three categories are available when we want to go, which one should we pick?

Thanks!
I did cat 3 in Sept as a solo. There were lots of tables of 2, some of 4 up on the balcony. Didn't see any larger groups.

We have done category 1 and 2 (it looks like cat. 3 folks have to turn around while they are eating to see the show? Maybe someone who has done that can confirm that...(one of our party is also very afraid of heights so we have avoided category 3 and felt that we "got away with" category 2 so if that is an issue for anyone in your family heads up for that). We were very lucky with our category 2 seats when we went for the first time and had a good view, not too far to the side or back, but we have since booked category 1 and loved it even more! Our kids (similar in age to yours) were asked to get up and dance around the hall with the performers at the end of the show and they had such a blast and still talk about how they were able to "participate in the Hoop Dee Doo Revue!" and have asked that we do category 1 if possible whenever we go in the future...

If category 1 is available and affordable for your family, that’s the one to book. It’s a pretty small theater, so none of the seats is that far from the stage, plus the performers circulate all over including upstairs, but the closer to the stage you are, the more you’ll share the excitement of the show.

I was just swinging by to ask this same question. We have a friend who is starting as an actor in Hoop Dee Doo and we want to be in the best area for character interaction. We assume that's Category 1 but appreciate any other feedback about the best place to sit for interacting with the cast.

We’ve done all 3 categories, but #2 most often. I didn’t much care for #3, but loved the other two seatings. #1 was terrific for our very first HDDR performance :goodvibes The cast does a great job of circulating, so that’s a plus.

We've done Cat 3 a few times. That was back before we had kids and we really enjoyed sitting upstairs in that scenario. With kids, we've done Cat 1 and I would absolutely recommend it if it's in the budget. We had prime seats last time and both my kids wound up on stage 😂 they had a blast.

My husband has banned me from booking Cat 1 since the one time he became an unwelcome participant due to our proximity to the stage 🤣. Somehow we always end up next to a pole when we book Cat 2, but since that's the only way I'll get to go.....

We did cat 3 with our ds (3) and that worked well for us. He’s kind of shy and would not have enjoyed being down on the floor. I actually liked being able to watch from above

We’ve been several times and have enjoyed it, but our last visit we sat in the balcony. It was an awesome view and the performers still came around, yet it was more quiet than on the floor which is usually the right fit for my group. We loved it! That said, we’ve sat right up next to the banjo player before and that was a lot of fun too, but pretty loud.

I recently did Cat 3. The seats swivel, so that's good for viewing the show--but when I dined, I was facing a wall and a buffet station. I didn't really enjoy that. I recommend Cat 1.

I’ve done cat 1 and 2. With cat 2 we were on the side and right next to one of the doors to the kitchen. It was a bit annoying and I had a more limited view of the stage. I really enjoyed cat 1 as we were centered and 3 rows back from the stage.

We usually do the Cat 1. The first time (back when you could reserve 180+ days out) we sat next to the stage. All of our seats have been great and great show. We have thought about Cat 3, but the price difference just didn't seem worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter