Which buffets/all-you-care-to-enjoy restaurants do you find the most worth your money?

We are past the character meet phase, so for us the only two that make our list are...

Cape May
Ohana

-Dan

Trail’s End. We usually end up there at least once a trip. In fact we stayed at BRV for a quick trip in April and DH was thrilled we were so close. We ended up there twice on that trip. :) But it is a great value if you like to eat; the food is basic “home cooking”, nothing fancy. It just can be a challenge to get there and takes a bit of time depending where you’re coming from.

Cape May breakfast... arguably the best character breakfast I’ve done. We went 3 times on our recent 2 week vacation to the BC. Love love love.

1900 park fare- both breakfast and dinner good with different characters for each, garden grill dinner, liberty tree tavern dinner, cape May cafe dinner and breakfast

Boma breakfast or dinner, Tusker House breakfast, Cape May breakfast, and
Trail’s End breakfast.

I had gastric sleeve surgery so there is no way I am going to eat enough to make a buffet worth it. To top it off, my son turned 10 yesterday so now he is a Disney adult. We are discussing our January plans and he has been begging me for 'Ohana since our last trip, which was only 7 months after surgery and planned one month after surgery and I could not even remotely fathom it.

I think I will indulge him on our next trip and just suck up and deal and eat a few bites of this and that and enjoy the hell out of what I do eat, which is pretty much my MO nowadays. I just kind of turn off that part of my brain and pay the prices at Disney as NOTHING is worth what you are paying for it on an absolute scale, except that you're at Disney (and I live in a very high cost of living, expensive vacation destination where restaurants are pricey but Disney STILL blows them out of the water). Honestly I just budget for the meals, save up the money and consider it spent. I try to make up for the things I can't do anything about by sharing meals at a la carte places. We got in and out of BoG for dinner for around total $40 with tip when he got a kid meal and I got an app and a glass of wine. Ditto LTT tavern, it was around $36 with tip if I remember for a sit down lunch there with a split entree and ooey gooey toffee cake... and STILL a ton of food was left behind. For the rest I just deal with it.

I figure there is not a single buffet at Disney that is remotely worth what you pay for it, so it's all a matter of degree. He wanted Biergarten last time too and I nixed it but considering doing it this time.

Otherwise for character meals I try to stick to breakfast because I prefer the food at breakfast to dinner pretty much universally at the character meals (and also the lower price). The only exception is Tusker House but I want to book a late breakfast that goes into lunch seating for that one.

Last edited:
My wife and I are currently planning our next trip and trying to think of where we'd like to eat this time. We've been to a few buffets/all-you-care-to-enjoy restaurants like Biergarten and Boma. Biergarten we usually go for lunch so the price is a bit easier to swallow but when places like Boma charge $40+ a person we always cringe when we see the bill at the end.

We aren't the biggest eaters but the types of food served at these kinds of places ends up drawing us in. At the end though it's hard for us to feel like we got even close to our money's worth. We were thinking about trying Ohana next trip because again the type of food there interested us but when I saw it was another place that was $40+ a person I started rethinking our plan to go there.

Just looking to see what buffets/all-you-care-to-enjoy restaurants people might find personally worth it to them. So far the only one my wife and I feel is always worth it is Biergarten. We love the food and the show and it's "reasonably" priced for lunch.

Tough question to answer. How much is it worth to you to have a solid meal in a fun environment? If that's not worth $40-50 per head, then none of them will be worth the money to you.

Garden Grill breakfast for us - we love the food and the price tag is less than dinner. Generally speaking, the character buffets/AYCTE meals will be higher priced. Avoid those and you should swallow the price a little easier.

Biergarten is the only one we pay out of pocket for. We love German food, and I think the atmosphere there is awesome. I loved it as a kid, and my husband loves the food, so he’s game. The kids find enough, even though it isn’t as kid-oriented.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter