Which attractions have single rider lines?

ZoZo

DIS Veteran
Which attractions have single rider lines? And are all of them worth using - do they really save time?

(In my experience at WDW, the SRL for Rock n Roller Coaster is pretty iffy - I've waited up to 30 minutes in the RnR SRL, so it's not much of a timesaver. But the other two SRLs, TT and EE, work great and save tons of time!)

Thanks!

In Disneyland, Indy, Matterhorn, & Splash have single rider. I've used Matterhorn and it does save time, never tried with Splash & Indy though.

DCA has Screamin, RSR, Soarin that I know of. RSR can be a time saver, but Soarin i've heard can take as long or longer than standby. I've never tried Screamin though.

We've used Single Rider on Screamin' and Splash. Both usually save time if the standby is long. During certain times of day those rides have shorter waits any way. The Screamin' one you take an elevator up and then an elevator down to get to the CMs who seat you. It's kind of interesting. Splash can save a lot of time, especially in the mid-afternoon when the weather is hot and the queue is very long. However, it is not a little known secret, and sometimes there will be a ton of people in line for the single rider on Splash. GRR also does a single rider, and that will save you time when there are long lines too. I prefer FPs and Rider Swaps, but you can use single rider and FPs.

What about TSMM? Does it have SR?

No, unfortunately TSMM does not currently have SRL. I've read that it used to though.

Grizzly River Run in DCA also has SRL.

I LOVE using SRL. I have used:
RSR - yes, definitely saves time compared to standby, but not compared to FP. If the line extends to beneath the bridge then your wait will be about 30min.
GRR - walked right on with SRL! Another time though they said they were not using the SRL, not sure why.
Screamin' - saved a little time. I think I waited about 10min in SRL when standby was 20min.
Soarin' - I had a bad experience with this one - waited in SRL almost just as long as standby, 45min! You're better off with a FP.
Indy - 10min wait using SRL, walk in through the exit
Splash - one time I waited about 20min in SRL but that was in the middle of a busy Sat afternoon (standby was 60min+), the next time I walked right on when standby was about 20min (this was at about 11pm on a Fri night)

Be sure to ask the CM at the entrance of the ride if they are taking single riders and what the estimated wait is. They will give you a slip of paper that is like your pass to get on the ride.

Have fun!!

No, unfortunately TSMM does not currently have SRL. I've read that it used to though.
Thanks for your response! I read that too - but I swear in December (my last time in DCA) I saw people lining up at the old single rider entrance with the SR tix in hand. Hmmm. Maybe they were those "use anywhere" special FPs.

Thanks for your response! I read that too - but I swear in December (my last time in DCA) I saw people lining up at the old single rider entrance with the SR tix in hand. Hmmm. Maybe they were those "use anywhere" special FPs.

That is where you enter with the ride anything, sorry for the inconvenience pass. Whenever I get one of those, I use it on Toy Story if I've already ridden Racers.

Which of these rides would you all opinion have lines that are almost attractions in and of themselves where you would be missing part of the fun by going thru the single rider line? I heard for example the first time you do indy you should actually go thru the line.. Thoughts/:)

Which of these rides would you all opinion have lines that are almost attractions in and of themselves where you would be missing part of the fun by going thru the single rider line? I heard for example the first time you do indy you should actually go thru the line.. Thoughts/:)

No need to go through the Indy line without FP. The cool part is right where the FP line merges. Not sure about SR as I haven't used that, only my DH has. I really don't think there are any other great queues in the single rider line up. It's not like WDW. Some really like the RSR queue. I've never stood in it as I won't wait 2 hours to ride, so I've only used FP.

ETA: Star Tours has a great queue. But again you can see that with the FP, and no one listed that as having SR.

I've tried the Soarin' single rider line I think 3 times total, 2 of which I was told that SL was so backed up that they weren't allowing any more at that time. Just get a FP for that one, definitely.

I always use the Indy single rider and also rsr when I don't have a fp .

I use the Matterhorn SRL a fair amount and most times it's markedly better than the standby line, but there are times when it's still not that fast (faster than standby, not not fast - think a 30+ minute wait).

We have done Matterhorn almost always and it saves a lot of time, even when its slow. I wont do RSR unless we have FP becaue the wait is just too much even with SR, IMHO.

I wouldnt do Splash on SR, just would feel awkward for me. All the others, bring em on!

I love SRL with the Matterhorn and GRR. My grandkids go over and over which you can't do with fastpass. We use FP but after we used it we use single rider. You are all right about Soarin', they cm's will tell you it's not worth it either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter