• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which All star resort is better & why?

Which all star resort to stay in?

• Total voters
Does anyone know if they were able to finish the refurb on the rest of the family suited at music? Hoping to book and wondering if I need to request a specific building.

What were these safety issues if you don't mind me asking?

For background I have around 140-150 stays on property value through deluxe. I'm a city person and not easily bothered and many times have returned to resorts at 2 am after the late EMH & parties.

I travel mostly with my son who is disabled. We don't need a suite and sadly they opted to convert the prime rooms to suites rather than the back where they should have gone. Folks will book suites no matter where they are. The layout there is different than other two so if you stay in the back you have a substantial walk the "length" of resort rather than a "half" walk at other two resorts. Every single time they have put us in the back and that is a long walk in a resort that is so poorly lit. It is very dark with many areas people could be and you wouldn't know. I've never felt unsafe walking through late at night at any resort until Music.

Then add a couple trips they put us facing the parking lot between them and Movies ... it is a location that is usually used for some kind of storage of many huge pods and trailer backs. One trip there were at least a dozen big tractor trailers parked there. Since I started to drive to avoid walking through the resort we were literally running to our car because it felt like a big truck stop junk yard. Another trip we dealt with the POLICE (not security) being called to our building multiple times at night due to guests fighting. I have never had a peaceful relaxing stay there. There were other issues as well that just piled on. I need to feel we are safe walking and in our room, and I've never had that there.

For background I have around 140-150 stays on property value through deluxe. I'm a city person and not easily bothered and many times have returned to resorts at 2 am after the late EMH & parties.

I travel mostly with my son who is disabled. We don't need a suite and sadly they opted to convert the prime rooms to suites rather than the back where they should have gone. Folks will book suites no matter where they are. The layout there is different than other two so if you stay in the back you have a substantial walk the "length" of resort rather than a "half" walk at other two resorts. Every single time they have put us in the back and that is a long walk in a resort that is so poorly lit. It is very dark with many areas people could be and you wouldn't know. I've never felt unsafe walking through late at night at any resort until Music.

Then add a couple trips they put us facing the parking lot between them and Movies ... it is a location that is usually used for some kind of storage of many huge pods and trailer backs. One trip there were at least a dozen big tractor trailers parked there. Since I started to drive to avoid walking through the resort we were literally running to our car because it felt like a big truck stop junk yard. Another trip we dealt with the POLICE (not security) being called to our building multiple times at night due to guests fighting. I have never had a peaceful relaxing stay there. There were other issues as well that just piled on. I need to feel we are safe walking and in our room, and I've never had that there.
this is very helpful to know. Thank you!

Sports. I have boys and they love sports. (I always get out-voted since I am the only girl).

I love Movies! I've stayed at Music (but not Sports) . . . and I would stay at Movies every time if I could (at CBR next time because it's my 25th anniversary and it's where we spent our honeymoon!)

I prefer Music, because even with the family suites it's the least popular so, it's generally quieter and calmer.

I know a lot of folks don't like that it is long so the back rooms can be a walk, and I agree it is a long walk, but it's still my favorite.

I've never had any problems with noise but I did once have to change rooms for mold (I'm allergic and kept sneezing LOL)

Last edited:
I prefer Music, because even with the family suites it's the least popular so, it's generally quieter and calmer.

I know a lot of folks don't like that it is long so the back rooms can be a walk, and I agree it is a long walk, but it's still my favorite.

I've never had any problems with noise but I did once have to change rooms for mold (I'm allergic and kept sneezing LOL)

That walk from one of the far end rooms to the front cafeteria for morning coffee (before the days of coffee pots in the rooms) has soured my taste for Music... but only a little... All Star Sports is my fav..

We've picked Sports more than the others strictly because it's 1st in bus pickup/drop-off. Like Movies the most for its theming. Music is our least fav., and where we're staying in the upcoming, given it was the only option for us for value, onsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter