Which airport to use if taking a cruise out os San Pedro?

rsschneck

<font color="lime">DIS Party Bus Queen </font>
Which airport would you use if you were taking a cruise out of San Pedro?
I know the Long Beach airport is the closest but the flights would be arriving too late if we fly from PDX the day of the cruise departure. So, my options are LAX (my least favorite airport but might be closer than SNA). Orange County I love flying into but is the drive a lot longer than if we flew into LAX? Which airport would have the worst traffice congestion?

It you hate LAX you could consider Burbank, however, it will be a longer drive.

Just curious..why do you hate LAX? That's where we will be flying into, and taking the shuttle to our hotel in Long Beach or San Pedro.

The airport is huge and not the cleanest. Going through TSA takes awhile. When you are down waiting for the ground transfers there is so much exhaust from cars and buses that you feel like you can hardly breathe.

I was able to use FF miles and book our flights through Orange County. I booked our car transfers today too. We are set! Cruise, flights and transfers. Now all I need to do is decide on excursions.:woohoo:

I live about midway between LAX & San Pedro, so I am used to LAX and it doesn't bother me to use it. I think it would be the better choice, all things considered.

Burbank may be a smaller airport, but the traffic out of the Hollywood area can be horrible.

If not Long Beach, then LAX or SNA.

Long Beach is about as close to San Pedro as you can get. LAX is a pain to deal with so if Long Beach is out of the question John Wayne (Orange County) is closeby and a breeze to get in and out of. To me it's worth the extra $20 per ticket.

Long Beach did not have flight times conducive to the cruise departure times. We went with Orange county. The transfers to the pier are a little more expensive but the ease of the airport is well worth it in my opinion.

Thanks Everyone for your input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter