Where would you stay?

• GF standard resort view

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • 1 bedroom beach club

Votes: 24 96.0%

• Total voters

KGmomoftwins

DIS Veteran
We have not been since 2019 and have previously stayed at GF and the poly loved both. This time 4n end of August with 2 11 year olds. We also might have a wheelchair or scooter this time. Where would you stay a regular room gf or a 1 bedroom beach club. We are non dvc and would be using the room discount. I’m a little worried about being off the monorail since that’s all we know. I have fond memories of really little girls watching the fireworks on the beach in Jammie’s at the poly and slightly older girls eating pastries at gf watching firework. However, might be easier at beach club.looking forward to thoughts thank you

1 bedroom at beach club. most likely will be construction at the grand. the walkway to the poly is closed. the beach club is one of the best spots on property you cant beat walking to epcot having tall the dining choices at boardwalk beach yacht swan dolphin so close by. great pool and close to hs too

Personally we like the space. But if you are just doing MK a bus with an ECV / wheelchair will not be as convenient as the monorail.

We have not been since 2019 and have previously stayed at GF and the poly loved both. This time 4n end of August with 2 11 year olds. We also might have a wheelchair or scooter this time. Where would you stay a regular room gf or a 1 bedroom beach club. We are non dvc and would be using the room discount. I’m a little worried about being off the monorail since that’s all we know. I have fond memories of really little girls watching the fireworks on the beach in Jammie’s at the poly and slightly older girls eating pastries at gf watching firework. However, might be easier at beach club.looking forward to thoughts thank you
If you have a scooter, using the Skyliner to get to the Studios is easier than taking a bus (from GF) or a boat, even with having to change routes. It’s also a nice walk/scoot from the BC to the Studios. You would be right next to Epcot, so no transportation issues there either. You also might appreciate the space of a one bedroom with two tweens in the party.

I have read that they have changed the monorail boarding for scooters and are now requiring them to back on to the train instead of pulling in and backing off. You might want to double check that on the disabilities board to see if it is still in place. There were a lot of concerned people posting about it.

No matter where you stay, buses will be required for transportation to some of the parks (unless you do rideshare/Minnie Van). I would give serious thought to where you feel you will spend the most time in the parks. If you will be spending time between them evenly, I would definitely recommend BC. If it will be mostly MK, then GF.

what parks are you planning on doing? If you are going to be heavy on Epcot and Hollywood studios then Beach Club would be better since you don’t need the buses. GF would be better for MK heavy trip

Well darn...both are incredible so I can't decide. Do the kids have interest in stormalong bay? You really can't go wrong with either.

Only issue with boat or skyliner is that lighting will shut them both down. The boat stop is the lighthouse on the dock over by Yacht Club. It stops at Swan/Dolphin then HS.

There is a boat to DHS from beach/yacht club. They share a dock…I also hear skyliner is a good option for scooters and that would be an easy option to get to DHS from beach club ….Epcot is walkable so only buses you would need would be AK and MK. Considering the ages and what they are excited about, beach club would be my choice. The pool is awesome and such a great location! There is still a “beach” but no electrical water pageant…I think that is the only thing you will miss….

100% BC. I think you’d enjoy the Epcot resort area and the ease of transportation options there. I’ve stayed at both YC and GF and while the Monorail is special, the Epcot Resorts are still my favorite.

Agree with everyone else- go with BC.
More room, SAB, easy access to two parks and it’s something new to try!
You will always have your memories or two little girls at GF, but you will now add more memories of tween girls- maybe at a different but super fun resort ☺️.

My vote would be for BC. It is very convenient for two parks and there is a good variety of eateries in close proximity. And although you enjoyed being on the monorail - with good reason! - this is a chance for another great alternative. You would have more space at the BC too. And I agree that SAB would be a real treat for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter