Where would you stay?

twirlmaniac

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disney in Feb. and can't decide where to stay. We are thinking Pop Century, Hilton Downtown Disney, or Radisson Celebration. We have stayed at Pop century before but never the other two. Price range from 57.oo to 135.oo. I would love to save money but wonder if the few perks you get staying at disney is worth the extra money. Please, help!

I would go with Pop Century because in the end it's still a WDW owned Resort you get with all the perks, where as the other two Hotels you mentioned are not owned by WDW.

I would always choose to stay on property. It is a very different vacation when staying off-site.

I agree w/ CR Resort...You have so much of Disney to take advantage of! Use Magical Express & Disney transportation-never having to rent a car-saves $$$. We have purchased the dining plan so we don't have to dig deep in the pockets when eating & so many places to choose from. The resorts are beautiful-& usually have things for the kids to do too. Another thing...we usually only take carry-ons. We wash there & it saves on frivolous spending...if it can't fit in the carry-on -can't buy it!!!! (Well, we do ship our breakable purchases home!;) )

As with all PP, On property is the only way to go.

We are going to Disney in Feb. and can't decide where to stay. We are thinking Pop Century, Hilton Downtown Disney, or Radisson Celebration. We have stayed at Pop century before but never the other two. Price range from 57.oo to 135.oo. I would love to save money but wonder if the few perks you get staying at disney is worth the extra money. Please, help!

Are you going down for Twirlmania? I know that they have onsite hotels as part of their packages. My cousin brings her whole group down and they always stay onsite as it makes transportation to the WWOS alot easier. :cutie:

Yes we are going for twirlmania. My daughter does not twirl with a group so we do not have to stay at a one place. When we have gone before we have stayed at Pop century and enjoyed it. Was just checking out other options and looking at saving money. Hope here group does great, I know they will have a great time.

i dont think i could ever stay in a non-disney resort. it kills the fun for me and my family :goofy:
we really like to get into the spirit when we're there. but if money is the most important thing then fo whats good for you.

I agree with the other posters. There's nothing like staying on-site and being immersed in the Disney magic. :)

To us staying onsite is a huge deal, no matter what type of resort we prefer onsite

We love Pop Century! The atmosphere can't be beat. We are currently planning a June stay, if only they would release the Star Wars Weekend dates.

Just wanted to say hi - we're going down for Twirlmania too!

We booked Feb. 10-17 with the 7/4 discount.

I would definitely book onsite. If you are looking to try something new I would try CBR.

Yes we are going for twirlmania. My daughter does not twirl with a group so we do not have to stay at a one place. When we have gone before we have stayed at Pop century and enjoyed it. Was just checking out other options and looking at saving money. Hope here group does great, I know they will have a great time.

Good luck to your daughter.......mine participated individually when Twirlmania was at Universal Studios. She twirled DMA & was the only one in her troup that wanted to go. Had a blast. We always found that the ticket packages were good through Twirlmania, but opted to stay where we wanted to away from everyone else. But I'd definitely stay onsite especially if you plan to visit any of the parks while you're down as you can use the bus transportation or get free parking at the parks with your resort pass.

Good luck! Enjoy your stay.

i'd say go with Pop Century - you're on site, have use of disney transportation and it's a great place to stay! (we were just there last month)

Definitely On-site! There you have so many great options not available off property.

Early Entry
Dining Plan
Transportation
Magical Express
Cast Members
And don't forget, when you stay on property, you have 24 hr. Pixie Dustpixiedust: and Disney Magic!!!!:wizard:

Just found this thread, but wanted to add, this is our third year going to Twirl Mania and we love staying on property. It is so much fun to be outside practicing and seeing all the other twirlers practicing also. POP is really close to the gym which makes it extra nice! Wishing the other twirlers good luck!pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter