Where would you love to own a second home?

We bought my dream second home with money my parents left me after they passed. It’s on Cape San Blas, Florida. Close enough to drive from my home for a long weekend and I have so many memories of going to the area with my family. Plus, it’s a desirable vacation area, so we rent it short term over June & July then to snowbirds Jan-March.

It is hard enough taking care of one house. No thanks. That is why I like my timeshares. I go, I stay, I leave and don't have to do any cleaning or maintenance.

It is hard enough taking care of one house. No thanks. That is why I like my timeshares. I go, I stay, I leave and don't have to do any cleaning or maintenance.
I agree, upkeep can be a pain. And because I have so far never found a time share that covers all the places we like to go, a Holiday Inn Express hotel room is our best option. And free breakfast.

I had an investment property but that's gone. I previously lived there.

But as a vacation home, probably some place in the mountains as a retreat. Maybe Lake Tahoe or the Yosemite West community just outside of Yosemite National Park. My understanding is that owning a house in the latter means that one can always enter Yosemite National Park without a reservation (if any), although I'm not sure if that means one has to make a direct route to the community.

Somewhere on a lake would be nice... realistically I would never want a second home, too much worry and maintenance. VRBO is the way to go.

Mountains of North Carolina. I've lived in PA my whole life and I need 4 seasons. Asheville would be lovely; it's only 8-9 hours to Disney World and only about 4 hours' drive from the ocean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter