Where would you love to be living in your retirement years?

I would like to be a semi-expat. I would keep a small place here and then travel to different places for a few months at a time. If I stayed up to 90 days at a time in Europe as an example, I wouldn’t have to go to all the trouble of getting a resident visa. I would like to explore different places.

Not that I’ve given this a lot of thought or anything.:o

This is timely! DH just retired as of July 1 and we moved the week prior. We moved 30 minutes west of our former house, still in NJ, to be close to our kids/grands. Buying a house with a pool helps to guarantee we'll see a lot of them. :flower1:

Right where I am living and have lived for 66 years. Been retired 2 years and having a base away from retirement communities and resort areas has been great.
Too many friends moved away, or downsized and found it to be a mistake. Resort areas are great to visit but are awful to live in full time, "too many tourists" as one friend put it. And then you have to find new friends and Doctors, and at least around here, many Doctors aren't taking new patients, so it can be an issue.

I can think of a place or two but we won't leave our kids/grandchildren. Not only that but as we get older, it is better they are not too far anyway. My dd is already a bit too far from us (2 hours).

I'm retired now and still living where I've lived the last 20 something years. Hubby is not retired. I would love to be somewhere close to the ocean.

Alternatively, near WDW in Orlando Florida! There's so much to do and keep myself occupied :) My only issues: 1) Quite a distance away from home and 2) When it's hot and stormy, it takes the cake!

I love the weather May to November where I live now and I love my house and gardens. We bulit the home 30 years ago and really don't need this much room, but the house is paid off. I'd like to stay here and travel a week every month December to April to somewhere warm. Not having to work around a work scheduele would be great and having the time to drive rather than fly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter