• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where would you go for high school graduation?

We have been talking about taking a Disney cruise to Alaska when my daughter graduates. While we're still kicking the idea around, my daughter did mention maybe going to Disney Paris instead. My husband says that will likely be a lot cheaper than going to Alaska via DCL! (No, he won't consider taking a cruise via another company.)

My son graduates in 2025. Yes high graduation is expected. We fully plan on taking him on a family trip of his choosing. Right now he only knows he wants to do some deep sea fishing. He works his butt off between taking 5 AP classes and running cross country and track. I’m glad we have the opportunity to do it.

For my daughter it has been an uphill battle. When she was 2 I was told she would never walk. At 5 I was told she'd never read. Now she's in honors English and danced ballet for years. Additionally, it will be our first family vacation in three years.
You guys must be over the moon with joy and pride. How wonderful! :love:

So on a board where people talk about making multiple trips to Disney every year, a trip to celebrate a HS graduation seems "over the top". SMH.

I'm not sure people are looking at it as 'over the top.' For me, I guess I didn't realize graduation trips were a 'thing.'

After my oldest graduated we went on a normal summer trip, a cruise, we did have a cake delivered to our table at dinner one night to celebrate her graduation, so, maybe that was a graduation trip.

We do trips when each kid 'graduates' from one school to the next ... so when they're done with elementary, done with middle, and in the future done with high school. But we would have taken a family trip anyway. They just get to have significant input into the location & type of trip.

For my daughter it has been an uphill battle. When she was 2 I was told she would never walk. At 5 I was told she'd never read. Now she's in honors English and danced ballet for years. Additionally, it will be our first family vacation in three years.
Congratulations to her!

I have seen posts before on the DIS about High School Graduation trips, but not something I am aware of anyone around here doing. I didn't and my kids didn't. I am excluding a class grad trip. My class decided to do an overnight trip to Lake Tahoe instead of the traditional Grad Night at Disneyland, 50 years later I have NO idea why our class officers decided to do that. And my kids had an all night "Sober Graduation" party at a local bowling alley, but no $10,000 trip.
Our school does project graduation at metlife stadium, I signed my husband up to chaperone without asking him first, twice.

Our school does project graduation at metlife stadium, I signed my husband up to chaperone without asking him first, twice.
My wife and I chaperoned both our kids graduation parties.

So on a board where people talk about making multiple trips to Disney every year, a trip to celebrate a HS graduation seems "over the top". SMH.
Shake away! While we have done many family vacations, they were not considered graduation trips for one person. Our trip to Ireland was after DH retired, and happened to coincide with our youngest graduating from college, but was not planned for her. When my oldest got her MBA, before graduation much of the class rented sailing vessels and visited several Virgin islands, but that was on their dime.

We're doing a high school graduation trip for our daughter to Paris this year. She's never wanted to go on any of the school trips and has always wanted to go to Paris.
You will adore it there. I haven't been to DP, but the city of Paris is magical. My wife and I honeymooned there.
Please do NOT believe anyone who tells you that the French are rude as that is a horrible stereotype. I would suggest a few basic pleasantries in French before you go.

I'll give you a restaurant suggestion. In the 11th arrondissement (what they call neighbourhoods in Paris) there is a place called "Ober Mama." It's an Italian place. They make amazing craft cocktails and the food is out of this world, especially the mozzarella cheese appetiser.

Here is a link to their website:
https://www.bigmammagroup.com/en/trattorias/ober-mamma

Have a great time!

We planned a trip to the UK for my daughter's graduation - London and Edinburgh. Unfortunately, it was 2020, so we had to cancel about five weeks before the trip. We were fortunate to get almost all of our money back. We have not yet been able to reschedule it but hope to for her college graduation.

You will adore it there. I haven't been to DP, but the city of Paris is magical. My wife and I honeymooned there.
Please do NOT believe anyone who tells you that the French are rude as that is a horrible stereotype. I would suggest a few basic pleasantries in French before you go.

I'll give you a restaurant suggestion. In the 11th arrondissement (what they call neighbourhoods in Paris) there is a place called "Ober Mama." It's an Italian place. They make amazing craft cocktails and the food is out of this world, especially the mozzarella cheese appetiser.

Here is a link to their website:
https://www.bigmammagroup.com/en/trattorias/ober-mamma

Have a great time!
Thanks for the info! I've been once when I was in college and loved it there, so I do remember a few basic words to get by.

Shake away! While we have done many family vacations, they were not considered graduation trips for one person. Our trip to Ireland was after DH retired, and happened to coincide with our youngest graduating from college, but was not planned for her. When my oldest got her MBA, before graduation much of the class rented sailing vessels and visited several Virgin islands, but that was on their dime.
Good for you? No one HAS to take a "graduation" trip, but if a family wants to, where's the issue?

The impression I got from a number of posters is that its too "over the top". Yet really all it really is is a family vacation. Something many people from this board do, some multiple times a year.

Maybe you read the posts differently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter