Where would you eat solo at Disney Springs?

goodeats

DIS Veteran
I'm tweaking my itinerary and decided to move a Disney Springs night to midweek from a Friday because I didn't want it to be crazy crowded. I'd prefer to eat outdoors, but it's not a necessity. Was thinking Paddlefish, but the ADRs are so easy to get it's making me second guess it. Wine Bar George appeals, but the menu doesn't look solo diner friendly - no big charcuterie plates for just me! I like lighter foods (sushi, salads, veggies), but also good wine/beer or steak, so I'm not particularly picky. I already have a Homecomin ADR another night.

I've dined solo at Disney Springs many times on business trips, and had good experiences everywhere! The Edison was neat solo - I sat it some of the comfy chairs downstairs and had a great server. Homecomin' was also just fine solo; I sat at the bar and chatted with the bartenders.

Based on what you've listed that you like, Morimoto Asia is probably a good fit. I dined there solo last year and there were plenty of other solo diners throughout the restaurant. The food is amazing.

I'm tweaking my itinerary and decided to move a Disney Springs night to midweek from a Friday because I didn't want it to be crazy crowded. I'd prefer to eat outdoors, but it's not a necessity. Was thinking Paddlefish, but the ADRs are so easy to get it's making me second guess it. Wine Bar George appeals, but the menu doesn't look solo diner friendly - no big charcuterie plates for just me! I like lighter foods (sushi, salads, veggies), but also good wine/beer or steak, so I'm not particularly picky. I already have a Homecomin ADR another night.

I liked Wine Bar George - went there a couple of weeks ago. Stick with the small plates like Iberico pork and the frisee salad (ok, ok...I got the "cheese on fire" also because it seemed cool...) I would recommend it...

20200922_122049.jpg20200922_122733.jpg

Now my decision is even harder! Ugh.

ETA - But maybe I'll just not make an ADR and do walkup for bar seating. It's a Wednesday night so I'm thinking crowds will be light.

I have a solo reservation next month at Jaleo. Eating around WS during the day then tapas at night seemed like a good combo. Your go with the flow approach sounds good, too.

Based purely on the food, I would recommend Jaleo. My wife think is the best restaurant at Disney Springs and we haven't at most of them.

In regards to just showing up and sitting at the bar, I suggested that a week ago for Homecomin' to person who couldn't get ADR. Someone replied back that they are holding the bar seats for ADR. Not sure if other restaurants are doing the same.

For me....easy, Polite Pig

Another vote for Wine Bar George! I was going to go there solo in November, but my cousin ended up moving her flight up to meet me. I love the grilled romaine salad. Most of their small plates are the perfect size for one. I normally go with my mom and we'll split around 4 small plates and then get the olive oil cake.

I've heard good things about Morimoto Asia- we're eating there for my husband's birthday dinner in November!

maybe snack around the springs? Hanger Bar for a drink and app, then another place, and so on.
I have a tougher time sitting in one place for too long when solo.

I go to Boathouse for salad every time I am at Disney. This has included trips alone. However, I can't remember of the exact salad. My favorite place at DS for sure.

I was on a solo trip 2 weeks ago and ate at the outside bar at Boathouse. I was’t interested in eating inside, so the outside bar was perfect for me. It’s first come first serve

Last edited:
Wine Bar George gets great reviews. We plan to go there in November. If not there - my favorite is the bar area at the Boat House, or even the back deck area. You walk out back down a ramp and there is the bar. LOVE it there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter