Where would you eat? A park hopping question..

pooch

Still feeling special!!
Animsl Kingdom day:

Tusker House ressies @ 10:30 should keep us all relatively full til 4 or 5 (with a snack thrown in). We expect to be done with AK around that time and will be heading to MK for fireworks and maybe PM EMH depending on the kids.

Which park would you eat (CS meal) in? Should we eat at AK and get it out of the way? Or should we head to MK & eat there?

I am leaning toward eating at AK. The boys have never been to WDW and this will be their first time in MK. I'm afraid they won't WANT to eat when we get there! Then they'll be crabby because they're hungry but too excited to eat.

Thoughts?

We had the exact same schedule a few weeks ago! 10:30 Tusker House and considered eating dinner at AK but ended up getting Casey's at MK just to get the transportation out of the way so didn't feel rushed eating. Plus my kids are hot dog obsessed so had been asking to go...

Animsl Kingdom day:

Tusker House ressies @ 10:30 should keep us all relatively full til 4 or 5 (with a snack thrown in). We expect to be done with AK around that time and will be heading to MK for fireworks and maybe PM EMH depending on the kids.

Which park would you eat (CS meal) in? Should we eat at AK and get it out of the way? Or should we head to MK & eat there?

I am leaning toward eating at AK. The boys have never been to WDW and this will be their first time in MK. I'm afraid they won't WANT to eat when we get there! Then they'll be crabby because they're hungry but too excited to eat.

Thoughts?
There are 2 quick service restaurants at AK that are FAR superior to anything offered at MK. Eat at Satuli Canteen or Flame Tree BBQ. Nothing at MK compares IMO

We just got back yesterday and we ate at Satuli Canteen (AK)twice it was the best CS we have ever eaten. We ordered the Fish with Sweet potato Hash, it was very Good for CS. The fish had a Panko Crust that was crunchy, we got the Black Bean Vinaigrette. Worst CS we had this trip was a tie between Columbia Harbor House at MK, it was like Long John Silvers and The Mexican Pavilion CS (forgot name) food tasted like it had been sitting for a while, stale tortillas, not much flavor.

Thank you all! I think AK meal will be the plan. DD, DDIL and I really want to try the Satuli bowls and DH & DS are big BBQ fans so it's a no brainer if I think about it!

Animsl Kingdom day:

Thoughts?
AK & MK are our favorite Parks.

You should be very full from Tusker House.

Why stick around AK eating at Flame Tree when you can be having a hot dog on Main Street USA - for their first visit?

In my opinion, MK is the best Park for snacks & QS....if you avoid the burgers.

However, lines at AK are likely to be shorter than MK. But also consider then needing a 'potty-break' around the same time as getting from Park-to-Park.

This may be one detail I'd leave to spontaneity.....leaning to MK....

I never thought about the lounge. Good idea. Thank you!

Nomad Lounge in AK.

I agree with this, Craig/Ryno and Kailee just did a horrible review from there but I've always liked it. I was there a couple of weeks ago and had the sliders and a refreshing adult beverage. Sat out on the deck and just enjoyed the view and quiet.
IoeJ-Od8AtGW9EhRZnR-y8UBQuGw9GPX8ifMH3YMdFJwC29NIi5Axu7dSMFnrzaAdM7LijXClKIP0zLLoTBTsuqTVo8QTEuYJmdiK-k0UpqhQBgJ87JxKUaT-VSZdeWF6izMXm9Rnkcux5klJfxUKZJQ-DQaUNpNd3bhygljqSR6iWpnHDUdJgUB9p6P-hNvpzhhkPIP862yyHLKGJw-yJo_mFvn4IRcBK1Rb0AEBZCl1RXnze7Z6BbBwZmynB7bYWRUj6YKSCVSWlNXG3qBhNjia3KYMME3u0CIDQCewy0q3AacGPuraV8t8f0nffHEP7DndWVpyC78Ju6S5kBCG37TvmSBLOSNdH-geMu_2hqn_YHK1RcIlUOf6invHOuyoLcoag_sak9ahBanbSCHGbLMxMW0RCncqKzl_PtPSqbAv6OK_F2LhjQ9TN2CWRbozG8SI_skMmD-6suiSGQ7y7MFGAGakGMTIWYScTCqtyR04Of8TuT4xknpeimIFyqZW6rgDieR6MBIOIVEFpizXnfvpcSZYGQZ5qkrF1HcyJg_W2wtny9GWefygJ5t4z7n8oR4TcVOvbAuUuw8DxI8cGTWnxfpJJJ77_AGlFR5Pg=w2050-h1538-no

HeQEIrEFM5wKNSJDkbxQEwSMiydIxby8bwcdp0tlTsewVl_Eq5J42Xgm6KjQA2VRYZhEbWVp8bcb0KXatMEr9vrYTMybkEKoDWMiV9Xcv-gmn0CA192uXkvHElIFbF-h9k9462oSGuvM_IVnbg9v91j9txQNsC-LWl4gOjhG73tsgrtJrx-lyGEuNiEbvGDO3dgmkREuX_aI4aeb0tXmTZ6lcAZ1th-nyML-aDtiIGor6wMPs2rbmiFGS0G0FFoCHGbPSRgrcxXsB3LAZ2K1gwhePYzaqQz2zbUCRlGzljcwX2E7tzFXlBKPVgHgxIpIUEt1dlabUNlRkWCDABaV3veKyUJbSQH2bpns4kJFQLrC0Rpexp3J0zWKbNWP40OHuALZDC8SMF8H6XWAvKef3qNaD8S_EY7ssfh4Im4Igy3NG2a8pS6ggC6RozJc0Vkpbnf1lYvNpXzUa8EQjZVfWuaShvYtnJka0_3dMPvPha9E_MOI2v0IQ-n4EHHvarGiSMTIryjt82j3WIczjJpLvvRTqRzoG8rqLRPx2goW_Jc2O3LMudbWrBIITywqVi24o7q_huEznOfMyKubXGI_uRQAM2n4pmz5tDFvXbd9Tw=w1155-h1538-no

I would eat at AK. There are many good options. We just ate at Satu' li Canteen and really enjoyed it. You can order through the APP and skip the line as well.
Flame Tree is another good choice that we've liked.
If they've never been to MK, I think you are correct that they will not want to eat when they get there.

We are on DDP so no mobile ordering for us :-(. Wish they would fix that.

I think the CS food at AK is so much better and more varied than MK. Take care of your late lunch/early dinner there and then you can hit the ground running at MK and not worry about kids being too excited to eat or discovering that MK's CS food lines are longer than expected.

We are on DDP so no mobile ordering for us :-(. Wish they would fix that.

We're from the UK and don't want to use credit cards to pay for everything due to excessive charges on overseas transactions, so no mobile ordering for us either, it's cash all the way :sad1:
But let's look on the bright side, if lots of other people do it, it'll mean shorter lines ordering in the eateries, maybe? :-)

Anyway, staying on topic, we've always enjoyed Yak and Yeti local cafe for QS at AK, the sides are a meal in themselves, leaving room for sweet treats in MK.

OP, nobody knows your children better than you do. If you are concerned that they will be too excited to eat when they arrive at MK, listen to your heart. :)

I also had a great experience at Satuli Canteen. I thought the portion sizes were generous and the food was delicious.

I really liked cheeseburger pod, but I don't see it getting a lot of love on the forums here, so I wouldn't get any kid's meals. I would order a couple of bowls and split them between the kids.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter