• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where will we find the Magic this summer?

Where will the Magic be this summer?

• Europe

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Florida/Bahamas

Votes: 49 80.3%

• Total voters
Where will we find the Magic this summer?

My guess cruise lines are scrambling to find new ports for the ones that has Alaska and Europe sailings. They may not be none at all but they will try to be ready. Expect a lot of ports that usually don’t do too good is going to make out. My guess Miami will be the embark/ disembark port with split weeks.

I think they will still head to Europe in hopes of salvaging late summer itineraries if they are able to.

But I also think every cruise ship is going to be at minimal staffing soon now that this is going to last a lot longer than originally thought. I've never worked in the cruise industry and I don't know how long it would take, but I would imagine it would take a decent amount of time, to re-staff a ship from scratch.

**If they do cruise to Europe (highly doubt it) the ship will just have crew onboard.

But I think that all 4 ships will be USA bound all Summer.

I mean if they put people onboard and then no ports choose to except the ship, nightmare.
We've seen it already.........

Magic: Miami/Port Canaveral
Wonder: San Diego
Dream: Miami/Port Canaveral
Fantasy: Miami/Port Canaveral

I bet they won't take passengers until July

I think July or late July. I was due to be on the Italy/Greece. I am just waiting for them to cancel. I am booked for next year, if we can all keep our jobs... :(

I would doubt Europe will happen. I'd bank on sailing from Canaveral throughout the summer instead of Miami because all the infrastructure is there for them to easily move the ship and the supply chain is only designed to go through May in Miami.

This also includes some personal opinion of course, I'd love to be able to sail on the Magic without having to go to Miami this summer!

Without knowing much about cruise operations etc.. there are two options..
1. boat sails later to Europe and finished season there.
2. boat taken out of service. Demand is down and I just cant see them coming up with some short-term sailings and filling them..

not sure how operations works, but if the boat is locked in port spots it might make financial sense to sail dead-head over and simply sail its schedule.. Not sure if there are dock spaces to park and also I believe a ship is cheaper to run on open sea than docked..??

I'm booked on a Mediterranean cruise in June. Just waiting for them to cancel so we can transfer to a 2021 cruise. I highly doubt that it will be safe enough to go on a cruise until maybe late fall.

I'm booked on a Mediterranean cruise in June. Just waiting for them to cancel so we can transfer to a 2021 cruise. I highly doubt that it will be safe enough to go on a cruise until maybe late fall.
Can't you do that already, or are you waiting for something post-October 2021?

From the website:

Please note that given the current situation, Disney Cruise Line is offering temporary adjustments to its cancellation policy to provide more flexibility for its guests. Travel agents with guests currently booked on European cruises through a July 25, 2020 departure date can change their guests’ reservation up until the day before the guests’ embarkation and the guests will receive a 100% cruise credit to be used for a future sailing within 15 months of their original sail date. The credit is non-refundable and standard prevailing rates will apply.

Alternatively, guests currently booked on the July 13, July 18 and July 25 European sailings in 2020 may delay their final payment to 30 days prior to the sailing.

Can't you do that already, or are you waiting for something post-October 2021?
Because if Disney cancels they get a 125% rebooking credit, not 100%. This allows them to cover an increase in costs as prices tend to rise every year, plus account for potential increases in opening day prices and perhaps less room availability.

Because if Disney cancels they get a 125% rebooking credit, not 100%. This allows them to cover an increase in costs as prices tend to rise every year, plus account for potential increases in opening day prices and perhaps less room availability.
I get that, but, you have until 48 hours before to at least move your cruise, so you have at least some options...

All that being said, yes the 125% or refund is much better...

Unfortunately, the extra 25% may not cover the added cost of moving to a 2021 cruise. As more people are rebooking to 2021, the cost is going up (from a higher starting base price over 2020) and room availability is reduced. We ended up taking the refund because the 125% didn't cover the cost of the similar cruise for 2021.

With no sail dates extended and Spain discouraging foreign nationals this summer, I don’t think they will be in Europe.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter