Where to watch the Super Bowl at WDW?

Matt_T

Earning My Ears
My wife, four year old and I will be at WDW on Super Bowl weekend 2019. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good place to watch the game. Our child will be with us, so we can't go straight-up bar. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

PS: We were there on the same weekend in 2016. I watched the game in room and at River Roost (P.O. Riverside) which actually wasn't bad but I'm not too choosy. We're staying at Riverside once again. Thanks!

-- Matt

I don't know your child, but I can't think of anywhere that a 4yo sits still for four hours. I would be in my hotel room and my wife and child would be...doing something else

ESPN Club at the Boardwalk is obviously the best choice with big screens and like-minded people, but as PP mentions, its a madhouse and you have to get there very early for walk-up seating. Which means you'd be sitting there for hours. However, when it gets closer, I would recommend calling because in the past they have offered VIP seating - for a set food & beverage dollar amount, you get a reserved seat and you can walk-in right at kick-off with no issue. We've done it for regular season before, but haven't in a few years so not sure how its changed or whether its offered anymore.

Otherwise, I would say the lounge at Riverside is a good choice so that wife and daughter have other options if she gets antsy. My dad has watched March Madness at the lounge at Poly before, which is another spot welcoming to kids but with other things for them to be occupied with nearby. French Quarter also has a nice lounge area if you want a change of scenery.

Thanks all! I've seen a lot of chatter about ESPN but I doubt we'll mess with that madhouse on SB Sunday. Splitsville sounds cool, as does our resort bar, which like i said, worked fine the last time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter