Where to watch the Bills/Patriots game on Oct 30?

Heidi K

DIS Veteran
So we are planning to be in Animal Kingdom on Sunday, October 30. My husband would like to watch the 1 pm Bills game if possible, so we are open to leaving the park for a few hours that afternoon. Where could he watch the game? Is there anywhere close to AK? We won't have a car.

same recommendation. for the rest of the family that doens't want to watch if you've never been there it's an interesting resort area that's a nice walk around. also walking distance to epcot if you have hoppers to entertain yourself while he enjoys the game.

Just wanted to add that its highly unlikely that the game will be on the regular TV channels in Orlando. Because of TV/NFL rules they will show a Miami/Tampa/Jacksonville game if they are playing at 1:00 pm on local TV.

Yes, I'm a frustrated Pats fan living in Orlando.

We have been in WDW for many a Blackhawks playoff game and always been able to watch them at ESPN. I do know as we stay at the Boardwalk frequently that people line up early on Sundays to stake their claim where their particular game will be on.
Good luck!

You can always try the Victoria Falls lounge at the AKL. Watched many games there before - always the later games, but I'm sure they are playing the 1pm games too. You are a good wife. Would you mind having a chat with mine on how to best take care of a husband by letting him have his football time? :)

Just wanted to add that its highly unlikely that the game will be on the regular TV channels in Orlando. Because of TV/NFL rules they will show a Miami/Tampa/Jacksonville game if they are playing at 1:00 pm on local TV.

Yes, I'm a frustrated Pats fan living in Orlando.

Won't be on regular local tv but all the venues they can head to will have the NFL Sunday ticket so they get all the games

You can always try the Victoria Falls lounge at the AKL. Watched many games there before - always the later games, but I'm sure they are playing the 1pm games too. You are a good wife. Would you mind having a chat with mine on how to best take care of a husband by letting him have his football time? :)
Something at AKL is definitely worth a try! Thanks!

When we were there in mid September, my husband and niece's fiancé watched the pats game on their phone the whole time we were at Disney springs and during dinner.... Don't get me wrong I love my pats but I also love Disney and there will be more games lol

If he can survive without actually watching...my hubby had planned to listen to the Packer game via the Sirius Radio app. A fair amount of time is spent waiting in a line anyway. Then the game in question got moved to a late start & became nationally televised. Now we're all heading back to our resort during the game :( I suppose the kids will enjoy more pool time anyway. Only momma is annoyed by choosing football over Disney. lol

Google 'Bills Backers' to see a list of restaurants/bars that will be showing the game. Were also from WNY and will be doing this for the Bills vs. Steelers game in December. I wanted to make sure we'd be able to watch the game with other Bills fans, and there are a ton of places that guarantee having it on!

FWIW, for an average family of 4, on say a 5-day pass, you're forfeiting about $120 to give up half a day at AK, vs. maybe watching it on the DVR when you return.

I kind of thought there would be some people chiming in stating what you should want to do on your vacation vs what you want to do on your vacation.

We were lucky enough to plan our Epcot day for our upcoming trip on the same day of Minn vs Dallas. So we are walking over to ESPN Club/Boardwalk to catch most of (if not all) of the game. If you can move that Sunday to Epcot, that might help reduce some of the travel time to get over and back.
#SKOLVikings

As others have suggested ESPN club on the Boardwalk does show every game. At least they did when we were there.

It's been 4 years but, we spent a good chunk of our Sunday watching football there during our WDW trip in 2012.

It was a lot of fun once we got a table. We were seated in the big room with the giant screen.
Huge warning though.. the line to get a table at that place on a Sunday is tedious. We stood in a line out front. We went mid September and we waited at least an hour to be seated, we got in line around 11, I think. When we left at around 2, the line was even longer. The problem is people will literally sit at their table for an entire game. Tables don't turn over like they would in a normal restaurant. I highly recommend you get there early.
It's not a place you quick pop into to catch a little of the game. It can be a 3 hour time commitment type of thing.

I am guessing the busier WDW is, the more difficult it is to get a table there.
October overall is a busier month than September.

Rainforest cafe at Disney springs bar area also shows games.

When I happen to be at a park during the games I just watch on my phone or stream the radio from the game

We had this question when we were there for playoffs in January. We thought about ESPN but it's always so crowded. We ended up at the Cabana Bar next to the pool at the Dolphin (or Swan?) there are TVs at the bar but there is also a nice little area next to the bar that has couches and TVs. If you have kids with you it's a good spot because it is right next to the pool and basketball court (you can borrow basketballs for free). My son would go back and forth from the game to the court.

Bring along a laptop and run the game thru the tv in your resort. That is what my nephew did a couple of weeks ago so we could watch the Lions play. Don't judge!!!!

If he can survive without actually watching...my hubby had planned to listen to the Packer game via the Sirius Radio app. A fair amount of time is spent waiting in a line anyway. Then the game in question got moved to a late start & became nationally televised. Now we're all heading back to our resort during the game :( I suppose the kids will enjoy more pool time anyway. Only momma is annoyed by choosing football over Disney. lol
Looks like we'll be there at the same time! We're actually kind of hoping the game will be flexed to the evening--then I could put the kids to bed and he could have a late night on his own. Seeing his dedication to this game is making me even more amazed that we missed two Bills games when we went to WDW for our honeymoon and he never said a word about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter