• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to Watch Mickey’s Mix Magic?

Christin82

Mouseketeer
Hi!

Now that MMM is on the calendar, any ideas as to the best spots to watch it? Since there are no packages being offered for it, and F! will be under refurbishment, I considered trying to book a reservation at River Belle Terrace around the time the show might start and asking to sit on the patio so I could try to see it at Rivers of America since that’s one of the places the projections are scheduled to be shown, but even at 60 days out, there were no reservations at RBT past 7 pm on a Saturday night.

Does RBT normally offer reservations past 7? If so, does the fact that they aren’t currently offering them mean that they might be holding those for MMM dining packages that haven’t been rolled out yet? I doubt it, but thought I’d ask just in case.

Since the possibility of a dining package is unlikely, where’s the best/least crowded place to watch MMM? I have a 2-year-old, and we normally do packages for shows because he makes staking out viewing spots very difficult.

Thanks for reading! :)

We'll be there with a Fantasmic! Blue Bayou package on night one, purely by coincidence! I'm thinking we'll just stay put? I'm going to ask CMs about it throughout our week and see if I can get some answers about a good place to be.

Honestly, no one, not even cast members know at this point as it hasn't run at all, even in previews.

From what I understand the projection show will run nightly, rain or shine, wind or not and there will be fireworks added to the shows on select nights.

My best guess is that the select nights during the "off season" will be Friday and Saturday nights only and only if weather permits. If you look at show times, they are 7:30 PM during the week and 9:30 PM on the weekends, which bears some weight to this theory, but it does depend on the length of the show, as I believe Disney can now set off fireworks on school nights if they are done by 8:00 PM, so there is a slim chance that they may have set it up to be able to do so then as well. But I would imagine on nights where firworks are included it will change the best viewing areas.

Honestly, no one, not even cast members know at this point as it hasn't run at all, even in previews.

From what I understand the projection show will run nightly, rain or shine, wind or not and there will be fireworks added to the shows on select nights.

My best guess is that the select nights during the "off season" will be Friday and Saturday nights only and only if weather permits. If you look at show times, they are 7:30 PM during the week and 9:30 PM on the weekends, which bears some weight to this theory, but it does depend on the length of the show, as I believe Disney can now set off fireworks on school nights if they are done by 8:00 PM, so there is a slim chance that they may have set it up to be able to do so then as well. But I would imagine on nights where firworks are included it will change the best viewing areas.
It would be Fri/Sat/Sun if it follows the old pattern.

Nope, during the school year, fireworks generally don't run on Sunday night, although there are some exceptions.
They’ve run on Sunday nights as long as there isn’t wind for the last number of years. Fantasy in the sky is running fri/sat/sun this weekend.

I'm assuming the main show areas will be Main Street and Its a Small World... similar to the fireworks.

Where is everyone seeing this on the calendar. I keep checking the entertainment calendar on Disneyland.com and I’m not seeing anything about Mickey’s Magic Mix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter