Where to take a People Break in all four parks?

smraynor

The Art Professor
I am somewhat of an introvert and after long exposure to crowds I have to find an away spot and sit for a few minutes. It drives my family a bit crazy but I have been able to find places in each park to do this and it typically works.

So here goes:

Magic Kingdom:
-Top floor of Columbia Harbor House can be very quiet.
-The area between the Tomorrowland restrooms and COP.
-The small side street on Main Street USA...near watch shop. Some hidden benches way back.

Epcot
-Odyssey area
-The Kidcot area outside of the Canada movie

Studios
-Can't really find one. You can find quiet spots around the lake with the Dinosaur.

Animal Kingdom
-Conservation Station

Does anyone else relate to this? Have you found any of these quiet spots that I need to know about?

I don't have any to add because my upcoming trip will be my first to WDW. I have a couple spots in DLR I use to get away from the mass of humanity, though usually I stay within a 5-15 minute walk from the park and so I can just go to my room which is the perfect get away.

Thanks for this list though, I will use it as needed.

We should have an introvert Disney fan meet up....but no one would show. :rotfl2:

We love to take breaks and we have our spots.
Ak- the walkways around the tree of life. There is even a waterfall. We have even taken naps there and we have only seen cm walking that way.
MK- Columbia harbor second floor is perfect.
HS- steers of America are empty at night.
Epcot- Maroco pavilion have a little museum always empty and very cool.

We love to take breaks and we have our spots.
Ak- the walkways around the tree of life. There is even a waterfall. We have even taken naps there and we have only seen cm walking that way.
MK- Columbia harbor second floor is perfect.
HS- steers of America are empty at night.
Epcot- Maroco pavilion have a little museum always empty and very cool.

Tell me where for HS? I'm pretty familiar with the park...that's not ringing the bell.

And yes on Morocco! That museum is divine and quiet. The Japan one is always crowded.

HS- steers of America are empty at night:

Yep those cows in America are a perfect break spot. Just unzip the belly and crawl in for a short rest.

Auto correct is so much fun.

At Animal Kingdom, on the way to Dinosaur, there is a short loop to your left that takes you through a small exhibit on prehistoric plants. There's a bench or two there. If you spend enough time and are quiet enough, you can also hear the "prehistoric" sound effects that Disney has surreptitiously included. With the low voltage lighting, it's absolutely magical at night. I think it's called the Jurassic trail, or something similar.

It looks uninteresting to most tourists, so they skip it, or blow right through it. Not a lot of foot traffic and who does come through doesn't tend to stay.

At Animal Kingdom, on the way to Dinosaur, there is a short loop to your left that takes you through a small exhibit on prehistoric plants. There's a bench or two there. If you spend enough time and are quiet enough, you can also hear the "prehistoric" sound effects that Disney has surreptitiously included. With the low voltage lighting, it's absolutely magical at night. I think it's called the Jurassic trail, or something similar.

It looks uninteresting to most tourists, so they skip it, or blow right through it. Not a lot of foot traffic and who does come through doesn't tend to stay.

I think we wondered through there years ago...I can remember the interpretive signs and the occasional dino footprint.

This is a great suggestion and one of the reasons I like Disney so much.

Yep those cows in America are a perfect break spot. Just unzip the belly and crawl in for a short rest.

Auto correct is so much fun.

I'm so sorry! I'm laughing so hard. I meant streets of America. Where they do the Osborn's lights. When is not the holidays they are always empty at night.

As you're going into World Showcase (Canadian side) just past the United Kingdom area is the Twining's Tea Cottage. LOVELY quiet shady area in the gardens on the left side of the cottage. There are benches and all the greenery keeps it fairly cool on hot humid days. It looks like an old Colonial garden.
:thumbsup2

At HS I like the backlot burgers resturant. It can get a little busy during food rush, but if you hit it right, it can be quiet, and has some nice spots. Plus there are free drink refills if I remember right!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter