• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to stay?

erinbaderin

Earning My Ears
I'm planning a trip for next May (myself, my husband, and our two boys, who will be 10 and 8), and while I'm waiting for the bookings to open I'm spending the time debating where we should stay. The plan is three nights, and it will be coming at the end of quite a big trip - a week in England and five days in Paris. Originally I was thinking Cheyenne, then I talked myself into the Art of Marvel, and now I'm wondering if we should do Sequoia and upgrade to the Golden Forest level.

The debate - the Art of Marvel look really cool! I like the extras (the photos and the character meet and greet) and the fact that it feels a little nicer - we tend to stay Deluxe at WDW. But Golden Forest has the included food, which would maybe be nice to have? But on the other hand, I'm not sure we'd get use out of it - we're more likely to eat breakfast on the go and unlikely to be back for the afternoon snack times. The pool at Sequoia also looks much nicer although given that it probably won't be super warm and we're not there for that long (as opposed to WDW, where it's warmer and we tend to go for at least a week and factor in some pool days).

I might have just answered my own question here and talked myself back into Art of Marvel but would love opinions and recommendations from people who have actually been!

When chosing hotels question #1: how much time do you plan to stay in the hotel/room?

The main question with Marvel is: how much is looking at Marvel decor worth to you?
The lobby etc. Is open to everyone and you can just look around while not staying there.

If you just need a place to sleep: go for Cheyenne
If you want a bit more space in the room and the already added breakfast: go for Club Level
If you want decor: go for Marvel

(I say, go for Cheyenne and use the money save on a cool experience somewhere during your trip. Something you will talk about after the trip. Chances of talking about the hotel room or breakfast are slim 😉)

We loved Art of Marvel, if it's in budget for you then I think you'll enjoy it. I like Sequoia Lodge, though I've never stayed in the Golden Forest rooms because we wouldn't make use of the breakfast/snacks for the reasons you mentioned. Art of Marvel was more recently renovated so it does feel more up to date than Sequoia. We haven't stayed in Cheyenne, though we're booked there for October and it looks nice. Sam4G0d on YouTube has room tours that will give you an idea of the difference between the hotels, which I found really helpful.

That being said, I agree with Karin that it comes down to what's most important to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter