Where to stay?

jgates44

Earning My Ears
Going June 21-24 for first time. Wondering what hotels (not disney ones) are good to stay at?? Thanks

What kind of place are looking for? Walking distance? How many beds/rooms? There are alot of great choices right across the street on Harbor Blvd, and others that are a little farther away.

Some close popular ones are:

Park Vue
Best Western Park Place Inn
Tropicana
Camelot

A little more of a walk but still close:

Howard Johnson
Courtyard Marriott
Residence Inn
Hyatt House

What are you looking for in a hotel? Included breakfast? Walking distance? Budget friendly? Standard room or suite? Lots of great places nearby.

Best Western Stovall Inn walking distance to the park and a WONDERFUL free breakfast every morning. Pancakes, eggs, bacon, french toast, waffles and more! Pool is nice and the rooms are too!

Most of the ones on Harbor and Katella are fine.
Just pick one that's in your budget.
I've stayed at a whole heap of them and never really had an issue. Some are probably better than others but all I do is shower and sleep there.

How do you do the walk from Best Western Stovall Inn? I've been looking on the map and can't figure it out without cutting through the Grand, which looks blocked?

How do you do the walk from Best Western Stovall Inn? I've been looking on the map and can't figure it out without cutting through the Grand, which looks blocked?
I go across the street the an entrance that a lot of people go through big sign and all and then through downtown Disney. Not sure how it is now with construction but it quite easy

Candy Cane Inn is a poplar one, and they’re finally open after a full remodel.

We’ve stayed at the Marriott Residence (great hotel) and at the Fairfield Inn. We keep going back to the Fairfield Inn for the location (Great!) and the points. We don’t spend much time in the hotel - usually just the pool on the day we’re headed to the airport, and sleeping after a full day in the parks.

Last edited:
There are many hotels near the Disney World area that offer a comfortable and convenient stay. Here are a few options you might consider:

1. Waldorf Astoria Orlando - This luxurious hotel offers spacious rooms, a golf course, and multiple restaurants on-site. It is located close to the Disney parks and offers complimentary transportation to the parks.
  2. Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort - This five-star resort offers luxurious accommodations and a range of amenities, including a golf course, a spa, and multiple dining options. It is located within the Disney World Resort and offers easy access to the parks.
  3. Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress - This hotel offers a range of family-friendly activities, including a rock climbing wall, a water slide, and a pool with waterfalls. It is located close to the Disney parks and offers complimentary shuttle service to the parks.
  4. Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center - This resort offers a unique experience with indoor gardens, a water park, and multiple restaurants. It is located close to the Disney parks and offers shuttle service to the parks.
  5. Holiday Inn Orlando - Disney Springs Area - This hotel is located close to Disney Springs, which offers dining, shopping, and entertainment options. It also offers complimentary shuttle service to the parks.

There are many hotels near the Disney World area that offer a comfortable and convenient stay. Here are a few options you might consider:

1. Waldorf Astoria Orlando - This luxurious hotel offers spacious rooms, a golf course, and multiple restaurants on-site. It is located close to the Disney parks and offers complimentary transportation to the parks.
  2. Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort - This five-star resort offers luxurious accommodations and a range of amenities, including a golf course, a spa, and multiple dining options. It is located within the Disney World Resort and offers easy access to the parks.
  3. Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress - This hotel offers a range of family-friendly activities, including a rock climbing wall, a water slide, and a pool with waterfalls. It is located close to the Disney parks and offers complimentary shuttle service to the parks.
  4. Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center - This resort offers a unique experience with indoor gardens, a water park, and multiple restaurants. It is located close to the Disney parks and offers shuttle service to the parks.
  5. Holiday Inn Orlando - Disney Springs Area - This hotel is located close to Disney Springs, which offers dining, shopping, and entertainment options. It also offers complimentary shuttle service to the parks.
I believe the OP was asking about Disneyland. 🙂

We have stayed at Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites several times. It's pretty basic. The breakfast is cereal, toast and an apple or orange. But we have 3 kids and they have more floor choices with their rooms. We chose a little more space and a door you can close for a sleeping child. We went across the parking lot and picked up Denny's for breakfast.
As was mentioned before, it depends on your priorities.

Most good neighbor hotels are great

Mainly at that point your looking at price and if they include breakfast or not.

We're looking at visiting for our honeymoon. We're going to Disneyland for three days before going to Aulani for a week.

I've never really been to Disneyland in California, but I love Disney World and we went to Tokyo Disneyland a few weeks ago.

...Is there any advantage to staying at the Disneyland Hotel over something like the Camelot Inn? Aside from the 30 minutes early entry and a nicer room? (I want something in walking distance)

...My plan is to be in the parks as much as possible. I'm not sure about the wife. :rotfl2:

We're looking at visiting for our honeymoon. We're going to Disneyland for three days before going to Aulani for a week.

I've never really been to Disneyland in California, but I love Disney World and we went to Tokyo Disneyland a few weeks ago.

...Is there any advantage to staying at the Disneyland Hotel over something like the Camelot Inn? Aside from the 30 minutes early entry and a nicer room? (I want something in walking distance)

...My plan is to be in the parks as much as possible. I'm not sure about the wife. :rotfl2:
We are doing the same, visiting Disneyland on the way to Aulani. Because of the overall expense of this trip, I can't justify spending $250+ more a night to stay at a Disney hotel. And we won't be there long enough to spend much time at the pools or anywhere but the parks. I must have looked at every motel and hotel within a mile of the park, and I'd be happy with Camelot and that walk. We're most likely staying at Desert Inn or Suncoast Park Hotel due to budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter