where to stay

honeymom

<font color=blue>I just tried to connect the dots<
My daughter is noise sensitive. We are thinking of staying off-site and would like suggestions of where to stay. Has to be a hotel that is quiet. Would prefer a suite and would prefer to stay somewhere that is easy access to Disneyland (either easy service to park or easy walk). Does anybody have suggestions. Thanks. :)

They dont have suites, but we've really enjoyed our stays at the candy cane inn. Its close by (walk or take their shuttle), offers a great breakfast and the place is clean and nicely decorated. We have had no issues with noise.

If you really want a suite you might try the best western park place inn. I have not stayed there, but it typically gets good reviews.

Actually some of the most quite stays I've had have been onsite. It really all depends on the walls of the hotel, and if you have a door in your room that connects to the room next door. That's where all our noise problems have really been from.

We stayed at the GCH, with a view of the DCA. The sliding glass door was extremely sound proof, it ended up being a quiet stay. Last year we had that connecting door at the DLH with people who let their kids scream until 2 am every night! This also happened offsite as well. So I'd say it doesn't really matter where you stay, I'd just ask for a room with no connecting door, possibly away from street noise. Or like in the DLH I'd probably not want a room with a DTD view either.

We stayed at the Residence Inn Maingate about 2 years ago and right on the street is a trolley stop that took us to Disneyland. It was about a 10 minute ride and came by very often. The people at the front desk helped us with that information before we ever arrived. We has one bedroom with two beds. A nice bathroom, kitchen and living room with a sleeper couch. Tvs in bedroom and livingroom. It was quite and very clean and nice. Beautiful grounds also with a pool.

I found the Candy Cane to be a bit noisy in the mornings. Maid carts rolling up and down at 730am woke us up. I would choose a hotel with interior corridors like the Hilton or Sheraton, as opposed to a motel type setting. I hate hallway noise as well and find that motels are the worst for this, but comfort inns, holiday inns, sheraton, marriott, hiltons are usually a good choice. Look for interior corridors!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter