Where to stay with a family of 9?

aleighc1

Mad in Wonderland
I've been trying to do my homework on this, but thought I'd throw it out there to you all. Does anyone have a suggestion on where to stay with a family of 9? It will be two adults, and children ages 9, 8, 7, 5, 3, 2, 1. It's very hard to do a general vacation package search for that many people, so I've been looking at different hotel websites directly. We had planned to go in mid-December 2011, but just recently had to change our plans to mid-September 2011. I was thinking about the Desert Inn and Suites when thinking about booking the December trip since they have a small indoor pool, but now that we're looking at going at a time when it might still be rather hot, I want to stay somewhere that has a nice outdoor pool or play area.

Any good neighbor hotels you suggest? What about the Disneyland hotel, worth the money? Concierge services?

Thanks!

You should be considering two rooms since that is a lot of people. What prices are you looking for? Even the concierge at the PPH X2 is going to cost a lot of money.

For pools the Disney hotels are best. The Hojo has a great pool for kids, and the Ramada Maingate is reopening thier pool with a splash area.

Desert Inn and Suites does have one suite option that sleeps up to 10. It's across the street from the main gate. It's a great location. The hotel itself is pretty basic and old, but it's fine just for sleeping after a long day at the park. It does have a pool, but it's just a basic pool, no extra fun features.

I tried to link to the website, but I don't have enough posts to post links. Just google Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites.

Edit: NM I just read through to the end of your post and see you already know about this hotel. Sorry, it's the only one I know with a big enough room for 9.

Your budget may limit your options with a larger than avg group of people. The resort hotel are pretty spendy especially if you have to get two rooms and want concierge.

Jack

You should try and see about renting points to stay in a 2 bedroom Villa at the Grand Californian Hotel. It will sleep 9, it also has a full kitchen and 3 bathrooms! Since at least one of your kids is under 3 you can put 10 in the 2 bedroom, so you can bring Alice too! :thumbsup2

You should try and see about renting points to stay in a 2 bedroom Villa at the Grand Californian Hotel. It will sleep 9, it also has a full kitchen and 3 bathrooms! Since at least one of your kids is under 3 you can put 10 in the 2 bedroom, so you can bring Alice too! :thumbsup2

Duck has a great idea, the Rent/trade threads are located higher up on the board and you can use. Here is a link to the points chart...http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-vacation-club/VGC-Points.htm, the points have been going for $10/point and up.

Jack

How about 2 rooms at HOJO. The kids would all like the new Pirate water area and it will be warm in September. I would probably look at 2 rooms someplace across the street.

Desert Inn would work but an indoor pool is not very inviting when it's hot outside, IMO.

We are going in July and have a family of 10. We have stayed in a 2 bedroom suite before at DLH but this year we are opting to a vacation rental. It's close to Katella and we have a pool and hot tub and kitchen since it's a house. I will miss not being on site but it works for us this time.

Thank you for the suggestions! I'd like to avoid splitting us up into two rooms if possible, so I will look into the vacation point rentals. If that doesn't work out, I guess we'll head over to the big suite at the Desert Inn. Ultimately I think my family is going to have a great time no matter where we stay as this is our very first trip to Disneyland, and it's going to be a complete surprise for our kids. (I'm not going to tell them until the morning we leave!!!)

Thanks again! :)

we have stayed at the staybridge suites many times in their 2 bedroom suite. we traveled there with 8 all adults and teens and the room is a great size, free breakfast, full kitchen and even two bathrooms. They also had a nice big pool! try getawaytoday.com they have an all inclusive price that includes hopper passes. you will have to call to reserve for that many but they offer great prices! worth looking at!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter