Where to stay in NYC?? And what are your must sees?

I can recommend plenty of places to eat. If you decide to visit the Museum ( and I suggest you do!) . On the same block is one of NYC best. Isabellas! Its on the expensive side , but very worth it.

Make sure to get resvervations for any restaurant on a weekend .

Also on the UWS is Coppolas, and Papparadella, 2 of the best Italian places in the city.
Down town sushi, best is Blue Ribbon Sushi, if you can find it!!!! Its tucked away !

I can recommend plenty of places to eat. If you decide to visit the Museum ( and I suggest you do!) . On the same block is one of NYC best. Isabellas! Its on the expensive side , but very worth it.

Make sure to get resvervations for any restaurant on a weekend .

Also on the UWS is Coppolas, and Papparadella, 2 of the best Italian places in the city.
Down town sushi, best is Blue Ribbon Sushi, if you can find it!!!! Its tucked away !

Bumping this thread as we will be in NYC Wednesday! :goodvibes Would love to hear more suggestions on where to eat and what to do. My DS12 and I are headed up to see older DD.

All DS wants to do is eat pizza and hot dogs from street vendors and go to the Nintendo and Lego stores! lol

Favorite things in NYC
1. The High Line
2. Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge
3.Go to the theater as much as possible
4.Go to a street fair if one is open while you are there
5. Shop
6. The Met
7. The Guggenheim
8. Pizza- Lombardi's
9. Natural History Museum
10. Lower East Side Tenement Museum
11. WTC- new Memorial will be open in May
12. Walk around downtown- Wall Street, Trinity Church, the Federal building
13.Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty
14. Explore Central Park
15. Try and walk around Union Square, Rockefeller Center, Washington Square, Grand Central and Lincoln Center
16. Go to the top of the Empire State Building or the Top of the Rock

And Eat! I could go on and on about that.

Great list.

Although, I will probably never do the WTC Memorial. I go down into the surrounding area regularly when I'm there, Trinity Church etc.

:love: Me too on the bold! :lmao:

I would add to take cheese, bread and fruit from one of the lovely markets into Central Park. Heavenly.

The High Line. :thumbsup2 I have a bag from there that I use daily. It makes me smile every time I see it. Man, I need to go. Dusk is beautiful there and a lot better than the midday sun.

I love Lower Manhattan. Walk around Battery Park and the Esplanade area. North and South Cove. And the Seaport.

The best days in Manhattan have been days that I have very few plans and just explore - on foot and subway. The kind of go with the flow days, where you end the day simply sighing with joy and contentment.

Thursday night, go to the Anyway Cafe at 2nd and 2nd. NYC jazz vocalist Grace Garland performs free. She is a treasure. Informal place featuring modern russian food. I have taken my kids there. She probably starts about 9pm. This is an only-in-Manhattan experience.

Bumping this thread as we will be in NYC Wednesday! :goodvibes Would love to hear more suggestions on where to eat and what to do. My DS12 and I are headed up to see older DD.

All DS wants to do is eat pizza and hot dogs from street vendors and go to the Nintendo and Lego stores! lol

Your DS might like Cafe Wha? if you're there longer than just for the day. It's very popular with teens/tweens because it's one of the only live music venues that has all-ages shows where they and their families are welcome. The house band plays on Wednesdays, and they're fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter