Where to stay in Dec. for 10th Anniversary?

jenanderson

DIS Veteran
Since we were bumped on our flight to Disney 2 weeks ago, we were given 8 RT tickets (for our family of 4). This means we will be going back to Disney 2 more times this year!!! The first trip will be for our 10th Anniversary and will be without the kids (an adult trip - Yeah!).

Here are the details I know: we would like to try a deluxe resort because it is our anniversary and the trip will be from Dec. 16-Dec. 20 which means half of the trip is in one price range and the other half is in another price range. Ideally, I would like to find a place with a king size bed because DH is 6'4" tall - but I think a queen bed would do.

We did visit the Poly for dinner one night and fell in love with the laid back feeling of the resort. I admit we used a hammock for about 10 minutes before our dinner PS and loved laying looking at the castle and all.

Here are my many questions (sorry there are so many):
1. Would you recommend the Poly for an anniversary trip? Why or why not? What are the rooms like? Are they nice?
2. Is there a resort you would recommed over the Poly? Why?
3. We are considering getting annual passes since we will have another trip in April. Never having even considered this, I usually ignore all of the AP posts. Is there usually an AP discount during this time? Are there any other benifits of buying an AP other than having tickets for a year?
4. Will we pay the lower rate and than the higher rate since our stay will fall into 2 different rate seasons? or do we pay the low rate the whole time since we arrive before rates go up?

Any advise is welcomed. Never have I dreamed of 3 Disney trips in one year and all of the choices for 2 more visits seem incredible to me. Thanks!

We were married at the Poly although we stayed at the Boardwalk. The views from the Poly of spectacular and it is a beautiful resort! I would also recommend the Boardwalk and the Wilderness Lodge. Given that you are going just before Christmas, all of the resorts should be decked out in their holiday finery. The WL is unbelieveable! I don't think you can go wrong with any of these - relax and enjoy!!!

We just came back from a week at the Poly. We had concierge and stayed inthe Hawaii. It was our 9th anniversary. I may get some flack for this, but I thought the poly was just OK, in fact it was very "gilligan's island". we had friends that were staying at the Grand Floridian and walked over there. That resort seemed amazing but definately more formal.

wherever you stay, you will make your own wonderful time.

Please be careful of the birds, I was carrying my 2 yr. old and a tray of food and walking with my 6 & 5 yr olds and a bird hit me in the shoulder and followed - looming down. it was very scary for my kids and they were terrified!

HAVE A GREAT ANNIVERSARY!

We stayed at the WL in December. The decorations are Amazing. We also visited many of the other hotels, as it was our first holiday trip, and the only other one that was as impressive to us was the GF.

The Christmas Magic is everywhere at WDW.....

Since you are checking in during value season - your whole stay will be at those rates - and last year, they had awesome AP rates for December!! We paid $230/night including tax for AKL Concierge level!!

As far as where to stay - it depends on where you like to be -- are you going to stay at the resort - if so, the Poly may be where you want to be, or Wilderness Lodge has awesome Christmas decorations, as well as the very romantic Artist's Point restaurant. If you are a relaxing in the hot tub fan, just remember - the Poly is the only deluxe without a hot tub!

If you want the proximity to the nightlife on the Boardwalk, as well as Epcot/MGM, you might want to stay in one of the Epcot Resorts - the Boardwalk has some beautiful areas, as well as the Yacht Club.

Whatever you choose - have a wonderful trip, and enjoy each other!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter