Where to stay - considering renting a 1br villa - OKW, BW, or ?

chucklhd

Earning My Ears
We're 2 seniors, 1 adult and 1 5 year old staying for a week. We've been to Disney 30 times over the years but never stayed in a DVC and think it's time. So given your druthers where would you pick? I'm a single mom so we're trying to be affordable and still have enough space for my parents and daughter to be with me comfortably. Considering renting through a DVC rental website. My 5 year old is a big MK fan and I think will like toy story land - but no guarantees with her... she's a diva.

Any advice is welcome

I have rented DVC many times. We have always stayed at BWV. (did stay at OKW once it was very nice just like BWV way better). Can't beat the location and we love the theming of the resort. Have always wanted to try other resorts but we always end up back here.

OKW is terrific and very spacious (yes, I’m biased and we are there now!:)). Having said that, the resort is currently being renovated. I am not finding it disruptive, but we are long-time DVC members and stayed at OKW before the resort was even fully completed.

Staying near the MK might be something to consider - Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian or Grand Floridian or BRV or CCV are the closest resorts. The location really cuts down time on traveling to the park, a great convenience.

So, if renting a 1BR, most 1BRs have a king bed and a double sleep sofa. to get a sleeper chair as well, you need to book AKV, BLT or OKW.

At BRV, BWV, CCVCor BCV two people would share a sofa bed. Also, CCV are small.

We have stayed at BWV and AKL Kidani. Boardwalk, the location is wonderful. The 1 BR is a littel smaller than others and nearly has 2 bathrooms. AKL, the 1 Br are different at Jambo and Kidani. Kidani are beautiful, and spacious. 2 full baths. Love the theme there, but not a close to the parks, more time on the bus.
Both use the pull out couch in the main room.

If you are looking for the most room then OKW is the way to go. It is our favorite. We usually get a 2 bedroom but we have always had at least 6 people with us. Loved Kidani and your 5 year old would love the splash area of the pool. But the rooms felt crowded compared to OKW. My kids who are adults now loved the Sandcastle slide there. Your parents would probably appreciate the quiet laid back feel of the place. My mother and in-laws loved it here. Great place to decompose after the chaos of the parks. The boat ride to DS is nice and the resort does not share bus service with any other resorts. Ask to be near a bus stop so you don't have a long walk.There are only 2 or three buildings with an elevator and the stairs are on the outside. So if this is an issue ask for a ground floor room. At Kidani the corridors are long so ask for a room near an elevator. Never stayed at BLT so I can't really comment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter