Where to stay between Calais and DLP

torres_fan

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

So we have decided to go to DLP June 23. We are going to drive as we plan to stay at Davy Crockett. Although been hundreds of times before we have never driven.

We are going to drive down the day before, get the boat over and then stay around an hour and half away from DLP. We need to break it up as will have a 2 year old with us and it’s just too much travelling in one day for her. So my questions is where can we stay along the way that’s equivalent to a premier inn style hotel that’s a couple hours from DLP? Also we will have my parents with us so there’s 6 of us and they also have an electric car (Tesla) so need advice on where they can charge too?

Does anyone have any idea or tips for driving? Thanks in advance 😊

I can't recommend a specific hotel, but as for cheaper hotel brands that you can rely on in France (and ones where there's enough of them dotted about that you won't struggle to find one), the best choices would probably be Formule 1 or Ibis Budget. These are the most similar standard to Premier Inn or Travelodge in the UK in my opinion; no frills but functional and clean. There used to also be a chain called Etap Hotel, but I think they were bought out by Ibis and all rebranded a few years ago.

Campanile is also a good one to look for.

For the car, I assume that Tesla has a website or app where you can check where the charge-points are.

Another option to consider is maybe travel down night before, stay near Dover, if that is where you are sailing from & then catch ferry and finish the journey then.

Thank you everyone for your responses.

Steve - this really helps as I will look at these about half way from Calais and see what I come up with. I’m guessing Ibis is much the same as the ones here?

Karin- I’ve asked my dad and he says he has an app so he can look that up. Do you know if there are chargers actually at Disney or the Davy Crockett Ranch?

Tennis fan- We did initially think that’s what we would do but we just want to get to French side just in case boat/tunnel was delayed etc plus we hope to get to the parks early.

Thanks everyone. Haven’t been since 2019 so looking forward to seeing all the changes.

You should be travelling down the A16 OR A 26

Look up The Logis Hotel Chain ( over 2,000 of them )

On the A16 at Beauvais Look up Logis Hotel Hostellerie Saint vincent

It has a Charging polnt

On A 26 there are a few at Compiegne & at Senils

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter