Where to stay at Boardwalk?

Little Mermaid DVCer

Earning My Ears
My husband and I will be taking a child-free trip in February. :cool1:
We will be staying in a preferred studio at Boardwalk. Does anyone have suggestions as to better locations or areas to request? We have never been to the resort and I'm not really sure about how it is layed out.

We like quieter rooms, but prefer not to have a 3-5 minute walk to stairs or elevator. Thanks for the help.

If you want to be close to the elevators, request that on your reservation. FWIW, in spite of all the "press" the long hallways at BWV get, none of the rooms is more than a 5 minute walk from the elevators. (Have timed the walk myself and I am an average walker). There are many conveniently-located stairwells throughout the resort for those who can do stairs, so you needn't always depend on the elevators if you are on an upper floor.

IMHO, none of the rooms at the BWV are noisy - unless you get noisy neighbors, which is out of your control. We find hallway noise to be the most irritating - loud talking, running, etc. The rooms farthest from the elevators are the quietest, IMHO.

Do you want an upper floor or ground floor? View of the main pool, quiet pool or the newly done croquest lawn? If you want a partial view of the Boardwalk, request a room overlooking the Village Green - the lawn between the lobby and the lake.

Keep in mind that requests are not guaranteed, and that the fewer you list, the more likely they are to be granted. List your requests in the order of priority - most list non-smoking or smoking first.

Best wishes -

We had a first floor room and thought it was wonderful. We were a little less than halfway down the hall, but it wasn't much of a walk to the lobby. The nice thing was we were seldom on the elevators at all. We'd go out the door by Luna Park, through the "tunnel" to the Village Green, up the steps, through the lobby and out to the bus stop. The only hallway noise I heard was my own children (and me telling them to "shhhh! babies are sleeping!" I don't bother to tell them I'm more concerned about the grownups that left Jellyrolls a mere six hours before and have self induced headache.) Ours was a standard view room, the rooms across from us would have been facing the Community Hall.

We went to BWV 9/3 to 9/10 and stayed in room 2085. As you're leaving the lobby you bang a right and it's the first room on the right-a studio. It was also just DW and I. We thought it was GREAT and the best room we have had there. No walk at all, and since it was next to a stairwell, we had people on only one other side. The only down side to this was that it is on the same level as the porch that is off of the lobby. So if you are people who like to sit out on the porch, it won't be totally private as people tend to gather and hang out also.

As another poster noted, we don't find the walks from the elevator all that bad. We had a room one time that was very far from the elevator, but going to the bus was shorter by walking down the stairs and then outside.

Good luck.

Dh & I just came back from BWV. It was a very nice place. We had a Boradwalk view & it was awsome! We did a have a walk to the elevators but even from the end of the hotel it wasn't bad. From what we could see you really didn't have a bad spot anywhere. From our balcony you could not only see Illumiations but the MK fireworks too. It was a nice surprise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter